Not open for further replies.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Did a full family dry run "no electricity" weekend... it's the first time we've done this, and we have kids, so we did a lightweight version (left the main breaker on, trusted compliance). We didn't want to get too hard core and freak the kids out on the first go round.

Lots of candles, lots of flashlights, and some new insights.

Taught the wife how to use the JetBoil. Taught everyone (myself included) how to use the NIB (from June 1999) Coleman Dual Fuel Camp Stove, and dug through some BOBs.

Plan to get more serious next time around and pull the switch. That should be a fun-filled experience as we are on a well, have a sump pump, a sewage ejection pit, a freezer and two refrigerators to mind.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    We had some like minded folks over to our house to practice suturing . Had some pigs ears to practice on .
    It is harder than what you would think .........
    We all take turns hosting, teaching and sharing "how to" ideas .

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    Got my property leveled out where I am putting my small cabin and got a shooting range berm put in by a fellow member. Ordered my cabin today. Waiting for gravel now and then the cabin will get put in. Going to harbor freight to get a small generator to try out also.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Bought some berry plants to put in this weekend after our (hopefully) last freeze- kiwi, grape & goji. Just bought three chicks which are in the brooder right now. Working on the coop.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Here is the NRA Member 72 food survival kit offer again. All you pay is the shipping ($14.95). Limit 1 per household.
    Get Your 72-hour Survival Food Kit Before They?re Gone (it?s FREE)

*There are no catches or any thing else. What you read is what actually happens. I ordered this on the last round.

**Just ordered another round. Once you enter your information you're going to have you go through a series of other pages asking you if you want to upgrade. Just scroll to the bottom and keep clicking "no thanks" on a couple pages and then you're done (unless you want to upgrade).

***You do not have to be an NRA member to take advantage of this offer.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did a full family dry run "no electricity" weekend... it's the first time we've done this, and we have kids, so we did a lightweight version (left the main breaker on, trusted compliance). We didn't want to get too hard core and freak the kids out on the first go round.

Lots of candles, lots of flashlights, and some new insights.

Taught the wife how to use the JetBoil. Taught everyone (myself included) how to use the NIB (from June 1999) Coleman Dual Fuel Camp Stove, and dug through some BOBs.

Plan to get more serious next time around and pull the switch. That should be a fun-filled experience as we are on a well, have a sump pump, a sewage ejection pit, a freezer and two refrigerators to mind.

That sounds like a full time management job.

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    buying liquor for a prepping scenario is a good way to have barter items. I try to buy the cheap stuff at Walmart when it is on clearance.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    View attachment 54853 Got my cabin delivered. Its level, I wasn't. lol

Very nice. May I ask where you found it (scratch that - I will PM you)? IndyJohn and I have been looking for one about that size, curious on what your experience with the vendor was. We've got a small cabin for us already up but need accommodations for a few others that maxes out our capacity. We've been eyeballing a similar one at a local vendor but haven't committed yet.

TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    I just started buying frozen vegetables on sale and dehydrating them. It is working out great putting them in jars sealing them and also Mylar bags.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Last Week: 5 days of working out. Down 5 pounds in 30 days. Feeling lighter, faster on my runs and wind sprints. Lifts are getting heavier. Bench and deadlifts both up.

2 dryfire sessions, G19, AK and 870.

1 trip to the range. Drawstroke to shot break speed /accuracy drills on 2 targets. G19, plus slow focused marksmanship with .22 pistol, and face shooting with the J frame. 16 year old daughter ran the Glock and my AK74. I did come ups and snap shots with the AK.

Socked away a gallon of Indiana maple syrup

Got a case of 7.62x39 ammo and 500 rds of 9mm.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Found out all about what the bursa sack in your elbow looks like. 2 weeks ago did a take down. Got a small cut on elbow. Cleaned it up. Triple antibiotic drove the hell on. Saw something that looked like infection so squeezed a little. Out came the bursa sack all swollen to about the size of the end of my thumb. Thought to myself, that's not right so shoved it back in!
    Saw a friend yesterday who's a retired ortho surgeon and he said surgery is needed. Yay.
    Lesson- Wear elbow pads if any chance of cutting of hitting your elbows.

Bob

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Continuing to workout and trying to get into the gym more often than what I usually do. It's weird, but after getting through with the chiropractor I've been really increasing the amount of weight that I've been using.

Watching the diet, this morning I was back at or under my pre-spring break weight. I've been a bad little piggy lately, and I will be focusing hard on what I fuel my body with.

Took a cold bore shot in my backyard to confirm everything is still all good, and found that my scope is off. I was pretty frustrated to say the least. A 300 yard shot on a steel plate should absolutely be an owned skill in my wheel house every day of the week without exception. I will be making adjustments, that I shouldn't have had to make.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom