• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Bought a safe. A big arse Johnson Safe safe. Went to see Jeff to place my order and he happened to have a very nice used one on hand. Bigger than I needed and bigger than I was going to order but no six month wait and it was delivered three hours later. Very happy man here.

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    I traded off something I no longer needed (TV) for some emergency supplies (silver and a propane tank). Picked up a few mags at a gun show. And, went to Silvertowne since I hadn't been there in years and they gave me a heck of a deal on all their "junk silver" in their sales bucket, which was Sunshine Minting 1 oz rounds (of course, I bought some other things there too so they were happy to give me the extra deal).

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I outfitted my generator with a set of booster cables ($6 thanks to Menards) so it can be started from any of our vehicle batteries. It's electric start, but keeping another battery tended didn't make sense.
    I chopped the clamps of one end, added 10 ga. lugs and mounted them to the starter/ground. I riveted a loop on the frame and hung the cables in a bag (Free, again thanks to Menards) off of it with a carabiner (came with the bag). Easy deploy, easy hook-up, no extra batteries to worry about keeping up with, and no jury-rigged connections at go time.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've had excellent results with these guys Propane and Natural Gas Generator Conversion Kits - Motor Snorkel

You've seen my genny setup, it's been running on LP for over a year now. US Carburation knows what they're doing and provide very good instruction on how to convert your motor from just gasoline to gasoline-LP-Natural Gas.

I will keep mine on Gas for now. I just want to quite them down a bit. Looking at different mufflers for them. To much back pressure and carb work is required.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    All recent preps have been geared towards getting ready for winter.

Bought firewood, stacked it nicely and readily available for "plan B" by the house and a nice pile by the firepit out back. Plan "A" for the house has been switching over to a natural gas log in the fireplace so I don't have to use wood as my primary. My Buddy heater is on standby with a couple propane tanks.

Upgraded the snow blower finally after years of thinking about it. Cost a small fortune, but that troy-bilt will probably last me the rest of my life and will go with the house when we sell it in 30+ years.

Otherwise, just maintaining being awesome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom