Not open for further replies.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Since my last post:

1.) Diet has me down over 35 pounds now. Feeling better, lighter, faster, etc.

2.) Rearranged some scopes on rifles, uniformity of reticle between two different platforms, uniformity of what two people looking through two scopes could be seeing and able to communicate better. Only problem with rearranging is that I need new drop charts to match new reticles.

3.) Additional food on site. Short term boxed/canned foods. Long term 10# canned healthy foods.

4.) Garden was put in late, but is looking promising for this year.

5.) Gave a rifle it's tacticool krylon paint job.

6.) Ordered new C.A.T. tourniquets with pouches. My "training" CAT's that get beat up and worked with were getting mixed up with my new CAT's are meant to keeping med kits 100%. All of my old CAT's will get orange duct tape wrapped on them somewhere as a means of marking them for training only. The new ones will be clean without markings or any use on them. This was long, long overdue.

7.) We bought a new to us "Light armored, multi personnel, cargo vehicle" that some people might make the mistake of calling a "minivan". I'm taking the time to repack the emergency kit for that vehicle and adjust for the difference in ages of the kids since the last time I made a kit for the family party wagon.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I *think* I posted in this thread quite a while ago. So I'm almost starting over from scratch.

I'm down 15 pounds (plus body fat %) since we started going to the gym and I started watching what I eat.

I joined Oath Keepers and my county CERT to learn new skills/network with like minded people.

Last week at work they were giving away all the seeds (veggies and flowers) left over on the rack from the seed season. I took everything edible spaced out over a couple days. What I won't use I'll pass on to my Oath Keeper folks.

I've been adding to the medical equipment CERT issued me to flesh it out into more of a trauma kit. Still a work in progress

NightFisher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2016
    Indianapolis
    What I have done this week is eat the very last of my preps from 2010.

6 year old chili. MMMMmmmmmm.

I guess its time to start over again. I swear the BPA in my system must be off the charts.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Somehow I got out of the habit of carrying a real poncho in my bag. With the rain the last couple of weeks, I was . . . reminded. The little disposable poncho was serviceable, but it lacks the utility of a real poncho. Sure is light, though!

Decent quality poncho with grommets now in daily carry bag.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Somehow I got out of the habit of carrying a real poncho in my bag. With the rain the last couple of weeks, I was . . . reminded. The little disposable poncho was serviceable, but it lacks the utility of a real poncho. Sure is light, though!

Excellent point. Personally I've got one of the new "XL" poncho's from Old Grouch's Surplus and man I love that thing. Much better than the old style USGI ones.

Since last post, I'm down over 40 pounds lost now. I've acquired a new G19 to add to the inventory pre-election. That's it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Excellent point. Personally I've got one of the new "XL" poncho's from Old Grouch's Surplus and man I love that thing. Much better than the old style USGI ones.

Since last post, I'm down over 40 pounds lost now. I've acquired a new G19 to add to the inventory pre-election. That's it.

Is that the "tall" version, or do they have an actual extra large version now?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Is that the "tall" version, or do they have an actual extra large version now?

I bought the "tall" version. Improved Military Poncho Gen 2- MILSPEC Version- Made in USA!

I've handed it off to guys in the 6' + or - a couple inches range and it's never been so long that a guy had any chance of tripping on it, and it's never been too short where it's a poncho that stops just below the knee. Personally I think it's a very well built poncho, it's reasonably lightweight, and if you look at the video where they cover the specs on how they're built it I'm convinced it's as good as anything else out there if not much better when you compare ounce to ounce. I only wish I could find a tiny stuff sack for it that was cheap. I could compress it down to a softball sized poncho if I could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuTuE5FOaQA

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I bought the "tall" version. Improved Military Poncho Gen 2- MILSPEC Version- Made in USA!

I've handed it off to guys in the 6' + or - a couple inches range and it's never been so long that a guy had any chance of tripping on it, and it's never been too short where it's a poncho that stops just below the knee. Personally I think it's a very well built poncho, it's reasonably lightweight, and if you look at the video where they cover the specs on how they're built it I'm convinced it's as good as anything else out there if not much better when you compare ounce to ounce. I only wish I could find a tiny stuff sack for it that was cheap. I could compress it down to a softball sized poncho if I could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuTuE5FOaQA

I got a lesser quality import on Amazon.com.

I may regret my cheapskatery some day!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I got a lesser quality import on Amazon.com.

I may regret my cheapskatery some day!

Supposedly they're going to start making their poncho in other colors. If they come out with a solid tan or green instead of camo, my current one may go up for sale cheap. I prefer solid colors so I don't look like a goof if I have to use it at a kids ball game.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Supposedly they're going to start making their poncho in other colors. If they come out with a solid tan or green instead of camo, my current one may go up for sale cheap. I prefer solid colors so I don't look like a goof if I have to use it at a kids ball game.

That's a reason why I got a copy. Got it in green.

I also got an ultra light frogg toggs in tan for regular rain wear. It's not sturdy enough to use as a ground cloth or shelter, but it's made of one of those breathable fabrics.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

Is that a real poncho or a Sear's poncho?

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I am always buying dried beans.Went thru them last Saturday,and sorted 18 quarts,put them in jars,and put them on the shelves.For chili,I like a bean assortment.Tried a new bean called a Peruano,or Mexican yellow bean.These things have moved close to the top as my favorite.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I hid a 2 burner propane "camping" stove at work along with a collapsible water container, some emergency foil blankets and fire starters for when my boss decides to clearance out the seasonal "camping" supplies. The only good thing about my job is the mark downs I get my hands on. And the pay.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I hid a 2 burner propane "camping" stove at work along with a collapsible water container, some emergency foil blankets and fire starters for when my boss decides to clearance out the seasonal "camping" supplies. The only good thing about my job is the mark downs I get my hands on. And the pay.

Frankie Heck. Is that you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom