Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been researching foods for for those with allergy's to egg/gluten/nuts etc. that have any real shelf life. Found some canned foods but very limited on what we can put in for the grand daughter. She may well have to exist on rice and that will be a serious struggle.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Loaded .38s ,will load more soon . Rotated cannned meats onto the regular pantry...time to restock. Turned the thermostat down. Area heating with electric heaters expensive but cheaper than $5.00 per gallon or more for propane.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    My wife has discovered the convenience of canned meat….I may never get fresh meat again. The good thing is she is using last years canned goods while they're still good. Sometimes you just gotta trick people into a prepper attitude. She's also discovered Farrow, a soft wheat that can be cooked like rice and served with breakfast or dinner (as a pilaf or in soup). Great shelf life and portable. Not as convenient as ramen but lots more nutritious . Gets it at Cosco…

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After much deliberation I have sold my Battery/inverter package to a good friend for his about to be finished cabin. It is completely off the grid and requires fording a creek to get to. It will be BOL listed for us.
    I will be using these funds toward a Genny (dual fuel) large enough to run both the houses on the property. After building a few of those systems I have some ideas for a better one and along with a bigger clean power genny I will be setting it up in a secure area that will be sound deadened as well. Looking into solar for the roof of the building it will be housed in.

Much to do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been formulating my back up energy project. Looking at some really nice dual fuel genny's 7.5 K and larger. Also looking at solar for the battery bank. This is going to be interesting.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm looking forward to learning from you on this one, CM. Good on you!

I have space in one of the sheds and it is centrally located between both of our houses. There is (or will be with some effort) room for a nice genny, several battery's and the inverters. I am wiring this up so either house can run on the genny or the batts. or both. Not worked out all the kinks on paper yet. Just need to get the right switch gear for the task.
    The real fun will come when I get enough solar to keep the battery's topped off. Until then they will be on multi-circuit bass boat chargers.
    The solar will be last as it is adding up to some serious expense.

There are so many good generators available right now. Decisions to be made.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Cap n Cork in FWA has Canadian Club on sale for the lowest price in a long time. Medicinal ethanol supply added to. Quality control testing done on rotated stock. It passed.:40oz:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom