• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Spudgunr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    NWI - Porter County
    No offense, but you're not doing it right. WHERE is the link to your stuff?

No offense taken, I know what you mean. I haven't posted TOO many links because I'm still in the beginning stages, I don't have TOO much applicable information yet, the videos will be heavily weighted towards cooking (after all, we cook and eat every day, not ALWAYS with preparedness type food or meals though). For the stuff not terribly homesteading / survival / preparedness related I likely wont embed the video on my blog.

Anyhow, the links:
    Youtube channel:
    Handful of Tranquility - YouTube

Website (blog and posts with the videos embedded)
    A Handful of Tranquility

Several of my video ideas will wait several more months, when you have prep ideas on something you recently did in bulk (grinding meat... when I have 50-80lbs already should I do another $30 worth just for the sake of a video? Canning chicken? Already have 6 cases, it'll be a bit before I get to that video)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No offense taken, I know what you mean. I haven't posted TOO many links because I'm still in the beginning stages, I don't have TOO much applicable information yet, the videos will be heavily weighted towards cooking (after all, we cook and eat every day, not ALWAYS with preparedness type food or meals though). For the stuff not terribly homesteading / survival / preparedness related I likely wont embed the video on my blog.

Anyhow, the links:
    Youtube channel:
    Handful of Tranquility - YouTube

Website (blog and posts with the videos embedded)
    A Handful of Tranquility

Several of my video ideas will wait several more months, when you have prep ideas on something you recently did in bulk (grinding meat... when I have 50-80lbs already should I do another $30 worth just for the sake of a video? Canning chicken? Already have 6 cases, it'll be a bit before I get to that video)

Thank you! Subscriber #3 here. :yesway:

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    I bought my cleaning equipment today as i'm just now getting into firearms. (Yes, I know my name is misleading lol)

Hoppes #9 premium cleaning kit, break free CLP, pipe cleaners, cleaning mat, hoppes 22 cal boresnake, and some 22 cleaning patches.

The CLP works great. I cleaned my Marlin 795 today with it and it works wonders. I assume it's just like Ballistol.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Got 10 more gallons of hard cider started, brewed a 5 gallon batch of beer, was planning on doing 2 batches, but ran out of propane right at the end of the 60 minute boil! Will have extra propane next time. Also bought some 45 acp, 9mm, 44 mag, and 12 ga ammo this morning.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My biggest priority lately has been to get into better shape, and after we get the kids to bed I've been putting on my backpack and walking some miles late at night. I'm not really in the "country" where nobody can see me, but out on some land where I can't be seen as well at night so when I do my little hikes I carry a rifle, pistol & backpack. All this stuff I'm carrying is something I've had for years, but never carried for miles. After the first night of a two mile hike, I took half the crap out of my backpack and slimmed it down. Took care of a couple more items that were rattling.

Reloaded some ammo for the first time in over a year. Feeling better on the 9mm stash, and soon the 223 will be getting rebuilt next.

Eight apple trees should be arriving and getting put in the ground this week. Part of my plan for the place is to have fruit growing for as much of the year as I possibly can, so more fruit trees are going in the ground now, and more in the spring.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    made our first trip to Costco....it was a madhouse...will go back after the holidays, when we have $$ again. Stocked up on TP and a few other sundries, bought fresh groceries this time.
    Found something called Farrow, a soft grain that cooks easily and makes a good substitute for rice. Would make a good prep, as it is shelf stable and portable. Next trip we will look at canned goods.
    Also started reloading .38s....it has been years since I did this on a large scale . Does anyone know how many fit in a 3 gallon bucket? I can't believe I've collected so many, but I have all winter to get them done. As usual I have put this off till it now seems overwhelming, and I've added the stipulation that I must sort them and load different bullets in brass colored rounds and nickel plated rounds.
    Haven't decided whether to cast bullets or buy plated, it will depend on finances. I may do both, and store the cast as a SHTF prep. Cast bullets might be trade goods someday, and hard to find. Luckily I bought primers and powder in 2012. I did see the rush coming , not because I'M PSYCIC, but because I'm old enough to remember Clinton, and 2008. Preppers aren't clairvoyant , we just pay attention.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Set up the trucks for winter. Blankets and up-dated GHB's

Serviced all the vehicles as in tune ups tires and brakes. Butt load of money bet worth it all.

Rob52pars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Demotte, IN
    I have been busy with my preps lately! I have stored away 50 more lbs of dry beans, 30lbs of salt, and 30 lbs of sugar. I have also started to buy a lot more ammo now that it is available again. The biggest thing that I have done is getting back into shape. I have lost close to 60lbs and have gotten back into the weight room. I also run 5-9 miles a week.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Got to freshen up my skills of driving on treacherous roads. It's been a few years since we had much in the way of a winter here in the Southern part of the state, but I did fine.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Marked two weeks without smoking.
    Best survival strategy I've seen here in a while.
    We set up get home bags for the cars today....the wife called them bug out bags. I corected her...get home bags. We will do bug out bags later this month. Also need to stock up on propane, gas and diesel....soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom