Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I looked into changing my battery load over to rechargeable batteries. The new Enloop's are awesome for durability and longevity. You might look into it. You can extend your stores elsewhere with a 800% recovery on investment with the Enloops. Look them up and see what you think. Leaves plenty of extra cash left over for other big investments.

I will check into these as I just looked at how much we dropped on disposable batts.

We had a power outage last Sunday night and it was a good opportunity for us to drill on these things. We did OK but we were short on Battery's. Had all the flash lites up and running but way short on spares. Also had the standard experience with the small 2 cycle genny. If it wants to run...it will. If no...oh well. It did not want to run. We cycle the genny's monthly and it was ran a few weeks ago but it is no different than our 2 cycle chain saws. Cantankerousness pieces at best. I put some starting fluid on the shelf. A good shot of that and it is off to the races.
    The inverter back up ran OK so we are on track.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    10,000 small pistol primers and 4000 small rifle primers added to inventory

You win! Now that is a prep.

Last night my blade tech UCH holster came in. That was hard to find, but worth the legwork. Also, had some other misc. gun parts show up. Went through my home defense rifle setup and made sure everything was still good. Packed some med supplies into the kit, checked flashlight batteries, checked night sights, etc.

Last edited:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    bought a generator setup and dehydrated some fruit. Also picked up some extra food and water. Changed the oil and fueled up my truck along with the snow blower. May hav a storm rolling in this way.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Wife and I were discussing that "Next level" thing last night. I am again in search of more space.

I've decided to keep 30 days off site. I bought a gangbox to keep at an alternate location for redundancy. I'd look into this, A great way to capitalize on a true mutual support group if you choose to be a stocking point for another family and they for you.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I've decided to keep 30 days off site. I bought a gangbox to keep at an alternate location for redundancy. I'd look into this, A great way to capitalize on a true mutual support group if you choose to be a stocking point for another family and they for you.

I have been doing this for a while now. Just started putting some stuff at another new location as well. One place is my father's house so all is good there. Had a little mis-hap with ammo once, but he doesn't dip into the stores any more. The other place is a house that we are working on. Have food, water and ammo there right now. Going to take some blankets and clothing there soon. Was considering firearms but I worry about that.

Nobody lives there and we are not there typically at night. I had mentioned storing something in a hidden hole, but haven't gotten the nerve up just yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom