Not open for further replies.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Finally ordered a BOB through LL Bean. Sounds uppity but its a rucksack and looks like it will hold a lot of stuff. Also Got a hand held chain saw, some waterproof matches and a waterproof container, a Swedish Fire Steel mini, Spark-Lite Fire starter, a paracord keychain, and some wet fire tinder. Also had some stuff that I unwittingly collected over the years including a collection of knives, a compass, binoculars, and flashlights. Still working on shelter, food, and water. But hey, it's a start.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Finally ordered a BOB through LL Bean. Sounds uppity but its a rucksack and looks like it will hold a lot of stuff. Also Got a hand held chain saw, some waterproof matches and a waterproof container, a Swedish Fire Steel mini, Spark-Lite Fire starter, a paracord keychain, and some wet fire tinder. Also had some stuff that I unwittingly collected over the years including a collection of knives, a compass, binoculars, and flashlights. Still working on shelter, food, and water. But hey, it's a start.

If your chainsaw is a 2 cycle keep it in running order. I fire up all of my engine driven equipment at least monthly and the 2 cycle pieces are a pain in the A$$
    I keep starting fluid on hand.

Edit...I should read with more comprehension...Chainsaw...I get it now....Duh................

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

I have two or three chainsaw-in-a-can items. They won't clear a forest, but they cut better than the wire saws I have had in the past and they take up almost no space at all. One in each vehicle and one in a BOB.

Practice with what you collect so you have a working knowledge. Having all the stuff in the world doesn't help if you can't use it. I still need to practice more on starting fires when it is soggy everywhere.

Congrats on getting started!

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Oops. When I said chain saw, I meant one of those Commando Wire Saws. The bag I bought is made out of recycled polyester. Does any one know if that material is waterproof/resistant? If it isn't would simple waterproofing spray be sufficient, such as what one would spray on a tent?

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Oops. When I said chain saw, I meant one of those Commando Wire Saws. The bag I bought is made out of recycled polyester. Does any one know if that material is waterproof/resistant? If it isn't would simple waterproofing spray be sufficient, such as what one would spray on a tent?

Test that saw out before you depend on it. The only one I've seen last is the County Comm saw. As far as the bag, it might. The problem will probably be waterproofing the seams.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Bumped up the readiness on the house this weekend. Loaded the trailer for the winter and upped the round count in the vehicles and EDC bag. Went over use of force with the family and outlined a new rally point and comm system. In the current climate, I want everyone squared away as much as possible before the holidays.

indychad

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    Wife is taking inventory of all the food/water and other preps. I am taking inventory and organizing everything else that is prep related. She came home with 4 pieces of cast iron cookware, that completes our sets. I took measurements for material needed to harden the windows on the house, will order tomorrow. Should pick up security gates next week, I hope(took them to the powder coater).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wife is at the store right now. Soups, road house chili, freeze dried options. She is really on this thing after Obummer was re-ignited. I mean re-anointed, I mean...oh heck you know what I mean.
    More 308, .223, .45 ACP and .22 LR.
    Pulling out the BOB's this evening and adjusting seasonally.

Put in a butt load of AAA, AA, C and D cell batts.

bought 2 more batt. lanterns and 4 high Lumen flashlights.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Wife is at the store right now. Soups, road house chili, freeze dried options. She is really on this thing after Obummer was re-ignited. I mean re-anointed, I mean...oh heck you know what I mean.
    More 308, .223, .45 ACP and .22 LR.
    Pulling out the BOB's this evening and adjusting seasonally.

Put in a butt load of AAA, AA, C and D cell batts.

bought 2 more batt. lanterns and 4 high Lumen flashlights.

I looked into changing my battery load over to rechargeable batteries. The new Enloop's are awesome for durability and longevity. You might look into it. You can extend your stores elsewhere with a 800% recovery on investment with the Enloops. Look them up and see what you think. Leaves plenty of extra cash left over for other big investments.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Went and filled up on fuel since it's "dirt cheap" right now. I also pulled all of the bags out of the truck and checked batteries, flashlights, and added some Israeli bandages, gauze, tape, and other First Aid items to my GHB and SGHBs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom