• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    My bad, it was the magnesium... I need to pay better attention to my posts before I hit send.

All I have its the mag stuff. Never even used a feral rod.

Now I have to go buy one so I can see what all the fuss is about.

I've seen the magnesium bars at Harbor freight but I haven't seen the feral rods there. I'll have to look again next time I'm in there, $2 is a good deal for a feral rod.

As far a burning through the rod, when I first got it, I took it out side several times a week to practice with it until I could start a fire consistently with it. Holding my practice rod beside the new one I keep in my bag, you can really see the different in size between the two.

Last edited:

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Worked my adz off at the gym, on the trail and on the road. Weights, running, rucking.

One dryfire session, G19 and AK

One range session. A little AK (until the trigger pin walked out of my 74). and some pistol work with G19 and GSG 1911. A little bit of team stuff.

One range session solo, 200 rounds from AR and pistol, come ups and about half those rounds from underneath my Jeep, prone, fetal, etc.

Dirt time in the woods, shelter building, making fire and lots of solid man tracking. Aged sign really well, did some good work IMO.

Socked away Jeep fluids: 3 qts motor oil, 1 qt trans fluid, 1 qt brake fluid, 1 qt power steering fluid, 1 gallon antifreeze, 1 gallon wiper fluid.

Prepped gear for upcoming training FTX weekend with the crew.

fangz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    North Side
    Started looking for a new SHTF vehicle.

Ran a few rounds through the P22 in the house (out the door) without hearing protection to get the "real experience", I now have hearing protection in every room of the house.

Split some wood for the fireplace.

Planted various bulbs all over the yard so the chickens will have plenty of food in the spring.

Started the Christmas list ;)

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Stocked up on 5oz cans of tuna, trail mix and banana chips. Gonna Vac pack some food tonight and go thru the next set of buckets for this quarter. Gonna hafta eat some manwich and chili pretty soon.

Looking into making bread in #10 cans. I hear it works great, just need to try it before I can rely on it.

bought more fuel storage cans. Going to get Kerosene next for the heaters.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Stocked up on 5oz cans of tuna, trail mix and banana chips. Gonna Vac pack some food tonight and go thru the next set of buckets for this quarter. Gonna hafta eat some manwich and chili pretty soon.

Looking into making bread in #10 cans. I hear it works great, just need to try it before I can rely on it.

bought more fuel storage cans. Going to get Kerosene next for the heaters.
    Any more information on the bread? We are curious about this,and this is the first I have heard of it.

Rob52pars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Demotte, IN
    This week we added more grains and pasta to our long term food storage. We also found a good sale on block salt and table salt. We also stocked up on batteries, soap, TP, and paper towel.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Any more information on the bread? We are curious about this,and this is the first I have heard of it.

This will get you there.

No-Rise Beer Bread for Idiots and Loons | The Awl

Toss it in a can instead of a bread pan, be sure to coat the can with non stick spray or grease.

Today was Beer day at our house. We made 2 recipes with beer in them, fiesta chicken soup and blackened corn. Great stuff so I'm thinking about doing the bread as well.

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    Planted various bulbs all over the yard so the chickens will have plenty of food in the spring.

Do Tell... What kind of bulbs does one plant for chickens early in the spring? I love my chickens and would like more info pls? Thanks :)

ecross0351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Checked my stored water and found old wine bottles are not the way to go. The cork molded :facepalm: didn't see that coming. I cleaned all my plastic bottles added bleach and tossed theglass bottles.

mxxkffg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    southside Indianapolis
    I still need to put together a nice first aid kit. I've been doing a lot more backpacking in cold weather this year. Turns out you can never have enough wool. And my 32 degree phantom sleeping bag isn't going to cut it beyond fall.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I still need to put together a nice first aid kit. I've been doing a lot more backpacking in cold weather this year. Turns out you can never have enough wool. And my 32 degree phantom sleeping bag isn't going to cut it beyond fall.

Get a coleman fleece liner and some silk thermals and you'll be good to 10 degrees.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Re-evaluating our BOB program after the situation on the south side made us look at things a bit differently. We have 5 adults and a 6 year old to consider. Also doing the seasonal clothing change.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Re-evaluating our BOB program after the situation on the south side made us look at things a bit differently. We have 5 adults and a 6 year old to consider. Also doing the seasonal clothing change.

You missed my bucket presentation....I will bring it with me next meeting and give you a quick update...you will sleep better knowing that an explosion like that or a tornado you all will have what you need. As soon as I can get to it I am going to make a you tube video and will post it on here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You missed my bucket presentation....I will bring it with me next meeting and give you a quick update...you will sleep better knowing that an explosion like that or a tornado you all will have what you need. As soon as I can get to it I am going to make a you tube video and will post it on here.

I will be at the next one. Sorry I missed your cooking.....:D

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Just got back from the store. Clif bars, several different canned meats and some canned chili. I found a new cheapo pasta. Mexican Vermicelli that cooks in 3 minutes for trail food. Gotta get some freeze dried chicken for making some home made dehydrated meals.

Started processing 15k rounds of brass.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Added to the Bob's, thinking its time for the kids to have their own to lighten our load.....or allow us to add a few more items to ours. My wife got her gal bladder out on Friday and still recovering from that but that's about it this week with her surgery and all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom