• Status
    Not open for further replies.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    decided to make the garden even bigger and did. tilled it all up and its ready to go. thanks to a buddy of mine. it was much easier than i thought i can't wait to start planting. also ordered my mylar and 02 absorbers to finish of my 1 year plus of food supplies. picked up a few more rounds ect. it never ends

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    just went out and bought some blue berry, raspberry, black berry, and a couple other disease resistant bushes the will continue to come back every year, getting ready to plant them today woot

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    Gathered winter clothing and general clothing and added to the ready room. Also picked up a basic first aid kit that will allow for expansion. I threw in a blanket for good measure. I could probably use two more and I need to find my old down sleeping bags....

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Started a garden, haven't done one in years. It's all tilled and ready to go, now, what to plant?????????????

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I planted three (3) new fruit trees. I planted ten (10) last spring but five (5) died.

So I replanted three (3) varieties last fall and ordered two (2) replacements for this spring plus an extra Peach, Elberta (I like peaches:D.)

I have my tree species so that 3 - 4 will harvest early, 3 - 4 will harvest middle, and 3 - 4 will be late harvest so that I am not overwhelmed all at once.

I already have a load of nut trees so no more of those for me.

Regards,

Doug

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    This week: expanded first aid kit. Added more food to the stores as well as a couple flashlights/batteries. Big spool of 20lb test fishing line. Looked into buying a vacuum sealer and waiting on funds for that. Whenever we *finally close on our new house, a garden will be planted to go with the strawberry patch already started in the backyard.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    caddywhompus be careful with the strawberries lol they will take over everything. i planted some more black berry bushes and found some wwb 380 at walmart for the first time in like a couple years lol. more food and medical supplies also

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    caddywhompus be careful with the strawberries lol they will take over everything. i planted some more black berry bushes and found some wwb 380 at walmart for the first time in like a couple years lol. more food and medical supplies also

I'm hoping to close on the house soon and trim back what is already an overgrown strawberry patch!! Thanks for reminding me about ammo, grunt. I also added .22 thunderbolts and a box of #7 12 ga to the stores!

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    It's that time of year for us to be on the lookout for severe weather. Check your familys tornado drill plan, and practice it. Do you have a weather alert radio for those 1:00 in the morning storms?
    I had to clean out the gutters this weekend, the seed pods from maple trees , clogged mine up. Now is the time to do a walk around and check for those kind of things, leaks in the roof, shingles loose, storm windows, sump pump. Take a few minutes, and prepare now, may save you some money on water related damage later.
    These things arent as cool as the stuff we buy for our larders, but we have to maintain what we have, so we can add moer cool stuff later. :patriot: DHolder

jefalatho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Cut and split (mostly) and stacked (some) about 3 cords of oak to get ready for winter. I'm good about going and getting the wood but I struggle with getting it all split and put in the shed. We go through 12 to 16 cords each year so this is something that we always seem to be doing. Sometimes I think I'm getting too old for this stuff. But, if the SHTF, I'm going to be all warm and cozy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom