• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Or the little cities. My son had his tokens stolen by another kid while playing video games. Tough lesson for a 7yo, especially when being rewarded for success at school.

Or the country for that matter. I wouldn't trust the majority of my neighbors simply from past experience with their respect for my land and the boundaries, setting aside other problems.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Or the country for that matter. I wouldn't trust the majority of my neighbors simply from past experience with their respect for my land and the boundaries, setting aside other problems.

Just because you live in a small town or deep country is no guarantee your neighbors are honorable people. Greenwood is suffering from big city overflow just as the outlying areas are. Jeremy mentions big city intrusion in his little slice of heaven. People are moving into my area from other parts of town and bringing a mindset that if they continue to display will get them in trouble or hurt. Young people are not being raised with any sense of honer and have no clue as to the real meaning of respect. These are triggers.
    The land we hunt and camp is our BOL and owned by a lifelong friend. He has some good and some really PI$$ poor neighbors. They steal his tree stands, poach deer and turkey. We tracked the 4 wheeler trail back to the house in question from the tree missing a stand and were met with near violence. He does not live on the land but maintains it for hunting and loves every tree. If we ever have to bug out there I know where our problems will come from.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    If you know where your problems will come from you're already ahead ...oh and by the
    way, people will kill you now to get what you have. My son likes to say "we're two meals away
    from anarchy " . How hungry do you think your neighbors gotta be before they show up
    with their hand out...or start stealing what you have? How many have bought into the idea
    that they deserve a handout just because you have something and they don't?
    I also collect precious metal...lead,brass and blue steel. (Also primers and powder)
    Picked up another 40# of lead this week.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Bought 90 doubles rolls of TP...2 big cans of pb...and 2 jars of instant coffee to add to stash...who took all the par-boiled rice????..was on my list but none on shelf. Went to Harbor Freight and bought a solar panel and some other stuff....hubby is working on being able to heat and cool our house with out help of the public utilities. 20 percent off coupons almost every week in one of the papers. You can save alot on those big ticket items.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    My logic is ...

... to pick up smaller sizes when the ¢/oz. is lower, and prepare to use it as barter. Big tubs are harder for me to tote. But I found a huge box (544) of pre-moistened fem.-wipes at 1¢ per in a re-sealable flat pack. As good as TP at that price, AND good barter. Dollar Store had 6oz. instant coffee for $1. I bought 10. Also got a 600-ct of 10' foam plates. We (wife, sis-in-law, and a retired Marine and spouse) live in a closely-housed area bounded by 2 gas-stations (N & S), a hardware store, K-mart, 5 fast-food joints, a dough-nut shoppe (should be protected by LEO, eh?) and a 4-lane high-way. The Marine and I have decided to Bug IN. Big diff. when you are 70 and not 30! We have our cones of fire staked out well. There's an easement around our two houses that we have booby-trapped with barbed-wire, just in case. We need Claymores, if anybody sees them on sale. We have told the ladies, "We'll shoot 'till we fall, and when we fall, YOU shoot 'til you fall." Hope we never find out. Oh yeah, I bought 2 more 10-gallon jerry-cans and filled one w gas, one w kero. Are there reliable NINE-VOLT solar panels out there? EBG
    Bought 90 doubles rolls of TP...2 big cans of pb...and 2 jars of instant coffee to add to stash...who took all the par-boiled rice????..was on my list but none on shelf. Went to Harbor Freight and bought a solar panel and some other stuff....hubby is working on being able to heat and cool our house with out help of the public utilities. 20 percent off coupons almost every week in one of the papers. You can save alot on those big ticket items.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Working on the heat thing right now. Darned cans are a drag to collect. Everyone wants to be a he-man or she-woman and crushes them.....:(

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Had a quick trip to the range today. Shot from awkward positions with both hands and tested out a new rifle. I'm happy.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Went camping and tested some items. Everything went great! The wife packed all the food supplies and I handled the rest. This morning she looked at me bleary eyed and told me she was longing for some coffee. A quick trip to the BOB fixed that and started the day right. Starbucks even! The wood we bought at the park was crappy and wet, so I used my SOG tomahawk to split off some kindling to get it going. The 'hawk was also used to pull tent stakes when she couldn't pull them. The GPS batteries were dead so once again, the BOB saved the day. Then she cut herself adding wood to the fire. The EDC bag solved that problem, Bactine and bandaids.

When leaving, she looked at me and said "you really have everything, don't you?".

Mission accomplished.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Went camping and tested some items. Everything went great! The wife packed all the food supplies and I handled the rest. This morning she looked at me bleary eyed and told me she was longing for some coffee. A quick trip to the BOB fixed that and started the day right. Starbucks even! The wood we bought at the park was crappy and wet, so I used my SOG tomahawk to split off some kindling to get it going. The 'hawk was also used to pull tent stakes when she couldn't pull them. The GPS batteries were dead so once again, the BOB saved the day. Then she cut herself adding wood to the fire. The EDC bag solved that problem, Bactine and bandaids.

When leaving, she looked at me and said "you really have everything, don't you?".

Mission accomplished.

Congrates, I wish we were able to do this before it cold...but seems it is not going to happen.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    ... to pick up smaller sizes when the ¢/oz. is lower, and prepare to use it as barter. Big tubs are harder for me to tote. But I found a huge box (544) of pre-moistened fem.-wipes at 1¢ per in a re-sealable flat pack. As good as TP at that price, AND good barter. Dollar Store had 6oz. instant coffee for $1. I bought 10. Also got a 600-ct of 10' foam plates. We (wife, sis-in-law, and a retired Marine and spouse) live in a closely-housed area bounded by 2 gas-stations (N & S), a hardware store, K-mart, 5 fast-food joints, a dough-nut shoppe (should be protected by LEO, eh?) and a 4-lane high-way. The Marine and I have decided to Bug IN. Big diff. when you are 70 and not 30! We have our cones of fire staked out well. There's an easement around our two houses that we have booby-trapped with barbed-wire, just in case. We need Claymores, if anybody sees them on sale. We have told the ladies, "We'll shoot 'till we fall, and when we fall, YOU shoot 'til you fall." Hope we never find out. Oh yeah, I bought 2 more 10-gallon jerry-cans and filled one w gas, one w kero. Are there reliable NINE-VOLT solar panels out there? EBG

Not bartering my coffee lol...I would kill with out it. We are prepping for 10 people so I think big everything. I will have to ask my hubby about the solar panels...that is his thing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I think I've spent more money on those tickets over the years than I have on any of the guns in my safe. At least the money goes to a good cause.

Me too...this one guy we know has won the last 3...it was his year, he also played in a poker game we all play in all year and won the seat to the World Series of Poker and cashed.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    You didn't agree with her did ya?

I woul"d have told her there are several self defense weapons I was looking at. :)

A smile and silence. Not long after I told her we need to invest in a new food saver. She agreed, and then she offered up that we needed to have a couple grand in cash laying around. Little did she know it's covered. Then when we were having chili and cornbread, she talked about how much she likes fresh ground cornmeal. I'm going to wait a few hours to tell her that a friend and survivalist we know is selling an awesome mill for a decent price. He's going overseas for long term mission work.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A smile and silence. Not long after I told her we need to invest in a new food saver. She agreed, and then she offered up that we needed to have a couple grand in cash laying around. Little did she know it's covered. Then when we were having chili and cornbread, she talked about how much she likes fresh ground cornmeal. I'm going to wait a few hours to tell her that a friend and survivalist we know is selling an awesome mill for a decent price. He's going overseas for long term mission work.

Funny how these things seem to work out^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We put in more canned soups and other canned goods. Wife found more of the freeze dried soups she likes. Also more rice.
    Replenished the bottled water stocks we depleted this summer.
    More ammo and mags for the AR's.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Contacted a tree removal company to take down the trees hanging over my house. Once the trees are cleaned up plans are to cover the roof in solar panels. The wife has signed off on the project. Now to find some batteries cheap. Also keeping all of the wood from the downed trees to burn in my outdoor wood boiler.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Funny how these things seem to work out^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We put in more canned soups and other canned goods. Wife found more of the freeze dried soups she likes. Also more rice.
    Replenished the bottled water stocks we depleted this summer.
    More ammo and mags for the AR's.

I'm starting from scratch with a new platform. Up to 4 mags now. What soups do you guys like? trying to find one we all like.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm starting from scratch with a new platform. Up to 4 mags now. What soups do you guys like? trying to find one we all like.

I am not sure of the brand names but they are off the shelf items from the local stores she shops. I will check the brand names. She keeps them in my old dual door Stak-on ammo cabinet so she can lock it up. The tasty prep food is in there. The the kids will eat them if she doesn't........................:D

I say kids, they are mid to late 20's.

I am feeding 3 AR's so I will never really have enough mags. Found MagPul P mags on AGS (ingo folks) for $11.00 and change. Best I have found them. $14.00 plus everywhere else I have looked. They are fair on ammo as well. Not the best but fair.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom