• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Rotated stored fuel. Used the oldest in the truck and replenished. StayBil added.
    Food stores look good for now. No more room.
    Water stores are being rotated and replenished.
    Been doing the maint on the guns in the safes.

With local prices down to $1.88/gal you can't say no to this.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I bought a couple more water filters and some dry foods. Also picked up 2 more baofeng radios. After the wedding I'm going to pick up a gmrs base station to go with my cb base station. I'm slowly building up comms.

Forgot about these(because don't know anything about them yet). Bought a set of four UV-5R and have them sitting in a box. Maybe I'll get a chance to do something with them this winter. I've gotten into the habit of watching Fernando and Bracken every Saturday and get new purchase recommendations every week. Last week was AA alkalines and a bunch of cheap throw-away led flashlights. 20 89 cent lights arrived from China in 10days and added another 300 cells from a local source. Already had a bunch of 'good' lights, but these cheapies can be placed everywhere.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    In sorting through all my gear I've been organizing all my reloading supplies. I'm trying to take all my misc components I've accumulated over the years and turn it into some practice ammo that I can continue to train with during the high ammo prices that we currently find ourselves in. So far, I've got a 50 cal can overflowing with loaded mags and ammo that'll last me a good while.

This season I've been spending more time outdoors checking the trail camera, and hunting in general. It's been great to get a better handle on what the wildlife has been up to and I have seen a few more of their hiding spots recently. Nothing in crossbow range yet, hopefully soon.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Another carload of dried split peas and rice along with a couple of cases of canned beans. Lots more condiments, hot sauces and spices. Also found a great deal on small LED flashlights and hands-free headband types but unfortunately they're all AAA and my supply of AA batts don't help so ordered up several hundred AAA Alkalines.

Starting to look into rigging up a small solar array to at least have some backup juice for recharging,.....maybe a few hundred watt.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Rotated 20 gallons of ethanol free gas and filled the cans with fresh fuel.

Where does one find ethanol free gas in Indy (preferably SE side)? Assuming it stores better without gumming up? I typically re-up my stores every 6 months anyway, but going non-ethanol might help me take my mind off it for a little longer each cycle.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Paper product shortages are starting up again... I have a good stock of TP and paper towel, but I have been going through old clothing and sheets to cut up for rags. Old t-shirts and underwear make great small rags. You can get a decent rag out of the backside of a pair of men's or women's cotton briefs. I've got an old set of flannel sheets that I was going to donate, but they make great rags too. 8-10" square makes a decent bathroom rag, and about 10x14 makes a good kitchen rag or cleaning rag. I have used washcloths/rags as TP before and would not have a problem again as long as I have soap and hot water to wash them (or could just toss them if necessary).

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Where does one find ethanol free gas in Indy (preferably SE side)? Assuming it stores better without gumming up? I typically re-up my stores every 6 months anyway, but going non-ethanol might help me take my mind off it for a little longer each cycle.

The ethanol free gas is for small engines as their carburetors do not tolerate the alcohol well. Not sure about any added storage length. It does cost more.

In Fort Wayne I get my ethanol free gas at Country Mark so look for those locations. You can also try boat marinas. Also in Fort Wayne the Marathon(?) station at Hillegas and Butler across from the animal shelter has a pump on the curb with some.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I got brighter driveway bulbs to better illuminate the driveway so I can see the cameras better at night.

Testing 2 different types out.

1) 200W equivalent 'standard' LED bulbs 3200 lumens from Menards
    2) 280W equivalent 'corn' LED bulbs 4000 Lumens from Amazon

I also got a couple of these, not sure if I'm installing them yet.

Door "Club" (brace)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TE3T186/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    The ethanol free gas is for small engines as their carburetors do not tolerate the alcohol well. Not sure about any added storage length. It does cost more.

In Fort Wayne I get my ethanol free gas at Country Mark so look for those locations. You can also try boat marinas. Also in Fort Wayne the Marathon(?) station at Hillegas and Butler across from the animal shelter has a pump on the curb with some.

Thank you for this information. I have been driving to Rome City to get boat gas (non ethanol) for years.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    DSC-0422-1.jpg

Hard to argue with getting as much vitamin D as possible in this late Indian Summer. Trying to balance fall fishing with green bean canning...

I went ahead and loaded the Instant Pot with a tasty bean/squash/sausage mix. Other fresh seasonings and bone broth also.

I was gonna just eat it all, but decided with another batch or two of beans in the fridge to prep, I could freeze some ready to eat portions. Silicone mini-loaf pan, Foodsaver, you get it. Microwave or boiling water ready for a side or the main course.

Top Bottom