• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Stones to do the job, huh?

I'll take your job anytime. You'll call me a "politician" or a "defense attorney" when I tell you to follow the constitution and respect people's rights, but then again, my definition of what your job ought to be is far different than your superiors.

It must take some serious stones to show up after the crime is over, rope it off, and record some facts.

Ya know, that's not a particularly honest assessment of all that cops do, but there are far too many lawyers noted for their lack of honesty.

I really don't think a lawyer (or more accurately a wannabe) has a lot of room to be talking about how people from any other profession needs to clean up their act. Not when ya'll rank below used car salesmen when it comes to how people view your trustworthiness.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Ya know, that's not a particularly honest assessment of all that cops do, but there are far too many lawyers noted for their lack of honesty.

I really don't think a lawyer (or more accurately a wannabe) has a lot of room to be talking about how people from any other profession needs to clean up their act. Not when ya'll rank below used car salesmen when it comes to how people view your trustworthiness.

I'm not a lawyer or claiming to be one. What I'm saying is that most cops despise lawyers because they're in the business of interpreting the laws that cops enforce.

You can think it's a dishonest assessment if you like. The empirical fact is that it is far more dangerous to work road construction than work on the street as a cop.

Furthermore, if nobody trusted lawyers, I highly doubt any transaction would be accomplished that required a contract. It is ridiculous to suggest that lawyers are untrustworthy when business owners and people with money seek lawyers' guidance to protect their contractual interest.

All of this stems from you mis-reading my post. The point is that if I were a cop, the presumption of whether or not the use of force was justified would be far different than what we observe today.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Long lost country of Swissland found between Sweden and Switzerland! People survived on diet of Hot Chocolate, cheese and by building Rolex and TAG watches. News at Eleven.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Long lost country of Swissland found between Sweden and Switzerland! People survived on diet of Hot Chocolate, cheese and by building Rolex and TAG watches. News at Eleven.

They make those cool knives in Switzerden too?!? Those things rock.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    First think I noticed was his boots were untied and looked like they'd fall off if he ran 5 feet... just an observation.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Awesome job leaving your govumunt van wide open for people to steal. Nice vigilance sir. I wasn't aware acting like a trained monkey for tourists was part of their daily SOP's.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    So, have the police here been video recorded and how did you feel about it?

I've been recorded several times while working by people with video cameras. Doesnt bother me. If I can ID the person doing the recording I do. That way I can subpoena their video as well as them to be a witness if the case goes to court.

My cruiser has an in car camera as well with an external body mic. Everything I do is recorded with video and audio. No biggie to me.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I've been recorded several times while working by people with video cameras. Doesnt bother me. If I can ID the person doing the recording I do. That way I can subpoena their video as well as them to be a witness if the case goes to court.

My cruiser has an in car camera as well with an external body mic. Everything I do is recorded with video and audio. No biggie to me.

Same here. We were just issued little video cameras that clip on your shirt. Pretty cool IMO. They are hell on the idiots and lawyer wannabes.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I'm not a lawyer or claiming to be one. What I'm saying is that most cops despise lawyers because they're in the business of interpreting the laws that cops enforce.

You can think it's a dishonest assessment if you like. The empirical fact is that it is far more dangerous to work road construction than work on the street as a cop.

Furthermore, if nobody trusted lawyers, I highly doubt any transaction would be accomplished that required a contract. It is ridiculous to suggest that lawyers are untrustworthy when business owners and people with money seek lawyers' guidance to protect their contractual interest.

All of this stems from you mis-reading my post. The point is that if I were a cop, the presumption of whether or not the use of force was justified would be far different than what we observe today.

First of all, anyone who truly TRUSTS anyone they don't have long term relationships with is naive.

Don't stand there and pretend that lawyers aren't behind more shady deals than ENRON executives.... they are, you just don't hear about it very often. Also, just because the thousands of positive LEO interactions don't make the news, doesn't mean that LEO's as a rule are the abusive anti constitutionalists that you make them out to be.

As far as "Justified use of force", in the case of a recent high profile Indy situation, if someone is trying to get 5-10 people to jump me, I feel fully justified in pounding his face into the cement. That's a big ass dude and teenagers in a man's body making adult decisions to harm other people deserve what they get.

Someone on here has a great sig (or at least they did).
    "If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back."
    I apply this to all levels of force continuum in my personal life. If you come at me, you are the aggressor and I'm more than willing and very capable of responding to anyone attempting or threatening to harm or myself or my loved ones.

Top Bottom