What happened to my favorite gun store??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Bradis is not going to stop carrying AK's. The statement that I have heard the management say is that they are looking for an Ak variant other than what comes from Century Arms.
    We have had several difficulties with the last shipment of Wasr's that came from Century and they have grown tired of replacing them or sending them out for repair. The shop loses everytime that a customer has to bring one back.
    This is what I already knew. I was waiting for the clarification from Bradis to show up.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Bradis is not going to stop carrying AK's. The statement that I have heard the management say is that they are looking for an Ak variant other than what comes from Century Arms.

Good to hear. :yesway:

The Century Yugos and AMDs aren't bad. The WASRs have always been hit-or-miss. I would suggest the STG-2000 series from InterOrdnance as a viable alternative. The Polish milled receiver rifles from Centerfire Systems and the Arsenal SGL series (Saiga conversions) would also be worth looking into, for something a little higher-end. Any of 'em would be much better quality than what's coming out of Romania these days.

My :twocents:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I was surprised to hear this report about "Zradis"... I'm glad to hear that it was most likely a misunderstanding/miscommunication between whomever (management to employee, employee to employee, employee to customer, whatever).

Now... for my story: I went into Pop's one day (before I knew about Bradis, where I do all of my shopping now). I was fairly new to the gun world, but wanted to purchase an AR15. The sales staff treated me like dirt. Basically said, "why the F would YOU want one of these?" Needless to say, I didn't need to prove my worth to that salesman, so that's when I found Bradis... oops Zradis. And thank goodness, Pop's was overpriced in addition to being rude.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    could you blame them if they did stop selling ak variants? we all know who buys them. why would you want "those" kind of people coming in and out of your store?

sorry if i offended any russians. its the truth though.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    We have had several difficulties with the last shipment of Wasr's that came from Century and they have grown tired of replacing them or sending them out for repair. The shop loses everytime that a customer has to bring one back.

This is great news! I have grown to have less faith in retail stores than I do in government. It's nice to find a couple of McDonald's where the kids greet you when taking your money and say thank you. Or even Walmart who will allow you to return a defective item and get money back, instead of an in-store credit.

When I found Bradis, I refused to buy another gun online, because of their customer service and great prices. I'm glad they haven't become like some businesses who become successful and then want to "choose" their customers through various strategies.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    If one cannot even say the name of the store OUTRIGHT, then don't bother fabricating crap about them. I would not even begin to think of Bradis to stop selling AKs.

Call me what you want. Liar, fabricator, paid by competitor. Don't care. Just told the truth.

I am very glad, if it is not true. If they did a 180 because they got called on it, or a misunderstanding. Doesn't matter to me. I have a hard time believing all 3 employees I talked to don't know the store policies. Whatever, water under the bridge.

Important thing is we all got clarification from Bradis (there, I said it! Bradis, Bradis, Bradis, i feel better) and I am glad they are not banning AK's

I think this is a great forum and worked exactly as it was intended. I also stand by my OP.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Call me what you want. Liar, fabricator, paid by competitor. Don't care. Just told the truth.

I am very glad, if it is not true. If they did a 180 because they got called on it, or a misunderstanding. Doesn't matter to me. I have a hard time believing all 3 employees I talked to don't know the store policies. Whatever, water under the bridge.

Important thing is we all got clarification from Bradis (there, I said it! Bradis, Bradis, Bradis, i feel better) and I am glad they are not banning AK's

I think this is a great forum and worked exactly as it was intended. I also stand by my OP.

Repped for standing by your word. I just get weirded out by folks that post stuff (seems more and more recently) about "gunshops" but they will not post a store.

Customer service should still be in full swing and consumers should not feel threatened by a store if they provide poor or inadequate service! Bradis, however, I do not consider to be one of these. Just a misinformation situation I guess...:ingo:

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    :+1: for the owners at Bradis. Putting quality out for the customers, is what has been their trademark for years. Better guns = Better customers = Better prices, thats why their parking lot is always full. :patriot:Don

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    To you maybe.

in the grand scheme of things its not that much. even if you only make $100 a week, comming up with $500 for a quality handgun is extremely doable and in the pages of history i dont think any weapons, besides a stick you just picked up, have been this cheap in the history of mankind.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    in the grand scheme of things its not that much. even if you only make $100 a week, comming up with $500 for a quality handgun is extremely doable and in the pages of history i dont think any weapons, besides a stick you just picked up, have been this cheap in the history of mankind.

Remembering what I paid for my Taurus PT99 back in 86', the prices are much less expensive in comparison to the cost of living, so you are very correct.

Even the AR's hovered over and above what they are now, with very few goodies to add to them. Granted, most AR15's were Colt and very collectable now, I think it is still a buyers vs. sellers market.

JMHO

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Just my :twocents: on the subject.
    First, I've never been to Bradis. From what I read on this forum it's a great place to do business.
    That being said.
    I've seen quite a few really fine gun shops go down the tubes over the years because of employee issues.
    Back in the 60's and 70's there were several great gun stores in the Ft. Wayne area that I frequented on a weekly basis where, incidentally, I unloaded most of my "extra" income.
    As time went on the owners became detached from the business and began letting employees run the day to day operations. This resulted in what I like to call "Employee empowerment syndrome."
    The employees came to see themselves as the spokespersons for the business whenever the owner wasn't physically in the building. Their personal opinions began to influence how customers were treated, and what items were "pushed". As a result most of the customers left and found other places to spend their hard earned cash.
    I can't say if that is the case at Bradis, but the scenario sounds all to familiar.
    I'm in no way trying to trash Bradis with this post and I wish them continued success in their business.
    I'm just lamenting the fact that businesses can be, and often are, destroyed by such situations.
    Mike

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    even if they did, who cares? the last time i was in there, their WASR-10s were about $150 over what several internet dealers sell them for. i can only imagine what the markup would be on Arsenals.

if they're having problems with Century, maybe they should carry Lancaster.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

dr632

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Brown County
    +1 For Bradis. The team there has always been friendly and helpful.

The only problem I've experienced -- Camby is too far away from my daytime, weekday location to allow for a lunchtime visit. For those on the list that are close enough to make a trip during the day - you are fortunate.

Top Bottom