What happened to my favorite gun store??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I thought gun shops made the call to clear a purchase in order to avoid selling to criminals. How could the refusal to sell a certain rifle fend off the "criminal element?"

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I just PMmed this thread link to the two resident INGO Zradis employees to see what they have to say...

-J-

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It's the truth, just telling you what happened. It's the first time I have had an experience like that there.

It's their store, they can do what they want. But don't blame me if they catch flack for it from AK fans.

Didn't mean to sound rude, Patton. I guess I'm just as surprised as you. I have spent thousands there, as well and would not agree that this is the right move, to remove the criminal element from the store. Thanks for the info.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Didn't mean to sound rude, Patton. I guess I'm just as surprised as you. I have spent thousands there, as well and would not agree that this is the right move, to remove the criminal element from the store. Thanks for the info.

No offense taken. As I said, it has(had) been my favorite gun store for alot of years.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I just PMmed this thread link to the two resident INGO Zradis employees to see what they have to say...

First I'm hearing of it.

That said, neither I nor Simon6101 nor any of the other employees who are INGO members are in a position to set store policy. If you want the straight dope, I suggest you call the shop directly or stop by and talk to Lisa (the manager) or Bob (the owner). If it turns out to be true, you can also (politely) register your disapproval while you're there.

My personal :twocents: - Pop Guns and Don's have both tried to implement policies like this (Don's back when the AWB was passed; Pops more recently, when Mike was still in there daily), and it caused a HUGE poop storm. Not sure how it ended up with either place, or if said policies are still in effect.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've heard that Bradis was going to stop selling AK's too. I never heard why. And from the source, I never really paid any attention. Honestly, I never even cared anyway. I don't have the money to buy an AK. And if I did, I'd spend the money on a AR15 anyway. I was looking at the AR's and dreaming while I was at Bradis Saturday. Even if this is true about them not selling Ak's anymore, I don't think it would hurt their business that much. Bradis isn't one of the best shops just because of the prices and the guns. It's the employees that makes it what it is. Shooter is just the exception of course:D

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I am saddened by this if it is true.

Seems awfully familiar to a dingle berry President that was bashing IPads, IPhones, and Kindle when he cannot even remember he lobbied to keep his Blackberry.

Its the owners store. His choices. Still sad though.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Apparently the AK business is too good for this particular store and they want to get out of it?

He says "the criminal element"
    "Oh, well the problem with AK's is they are cheap to buy and cheap to shoot!"

Brings to mind this article: Mimsy: The self-defense Tuskegee
    But, obviously, it's concerning law and social policy and not the free choices of a business establishment.

We’re repeating the Tuskegee experiment all over with our gun control laws. All of these laws seek to prevent the poor from defending themselves while exempting the wealthy: through exemption of police, military, and security forces. All tools that the wealthy can rely on but that the poor and middle class cannot. Nowhere is this goal more clear than in so-called “Saturday Night Special” laws that seek to outlaw affordable self-defense arms.
    Strip away the hyperbole and all you’ve got are “we need to remove inexpensive firearms from the hands of the poor”.
    Perhaps the company in question believes that people, who can afford such an arm, purchase them legally to commit criminal acts?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Considering how many AK variants I have purchased in the unnamed store, I find it really sad that management has decided to censor a specific type of firearm just because it "looks evil" and isn't "politically correct".

While I might totally disagree with their choice, I believe in capitalism and will accept their decision. Although they are way out of the way for me, I still try to stop in as often as possible, and have spent many dollars there. If their ban on AK variants because of their looks (read political correctness) then I can respect their choice and take my money elsewhere.

Bradis Guns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Opinion

Bradis is not going to stop carrying AK's. The statement that I have heard the management say is that they are looking for an Ak variant other than what comes from Century Arms.
    We have had several difficulties with the last shipment of Wasr's that came from Century and they have grown tired of replacing them or sending them out for repair. The shop loses everytime that a customer has to bring one back.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    See how easy it is to start false rumors?

BigSmack.gif

Top Bottom