What happened to my favorite gun store??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    What the He**??

I have spent thousands in this place. When I lived close I was in there all the time. Good atmosphere, friendly and knowledgeable people. I've moved so I only get over about a couple times a year now.

Well, I go in and start bullshi**ing with the guy behind the counter. I mention I have an AK 47 I might be interested in trading towards something. He stops me and says, "Oh, an AK! Were getting out of the AK buissness"

I say "Why?". Some other guy who works there pipes up and says " The owner don't like the element it brings in."

I say " What element is that?" He says "the criminal element"

"Oh!" says I, "What about me? I like AK's." He goes "Oh, not you, your OK"

Now the ol' temp starts rising. I say "You can tell a criminal from the kind of gun he buys and how he looks?"

Then from the peanut gallery across the room, yet another employee says (and I don't remember any of these guys from previous visits) "Oh, well the problem with AK's is they are cheap to buy and cheap to shoot!"

About this time I'm not sure if I'm in a gun store or the Brady Campaign Headquarters. Maybe they should change their name to "Brady's Politically Correct Gun Store"

So being able to buy a inexpensive quality firearm for self defense is a problem in our society??

I am so done with that store. Please tell me I haven't fallen asleep and woke up in the twilight zone......
    :runaway:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Reference last two posts...

If it was bad enough to make you not go back, I don't see why any of us would want to go there either. Let's hear the name!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If in the Indianapolis area... I'd just about surmise that it's PopGuns.

Can't imagine that they'd not sell a firearm based purely on the cosmetic features of the gun itself AND the folks who come in to buy them.

*on second thought, I guess I CAN see them rearranging their inventory for a more desired clientele....

Who knows.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    huh.

I guess if they choose to stop with the AK's it's their decision. I doubt it's a 'criminal element thing' than it is a 'profit thing'.

But what with all the bad press, who knows.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    It's the truth, just telling you what happened. It's the first time I have had an experience like that there.

It's their store, they can do what they want. But don't blame me if they catch flack for it from AK fans.

Top Bottom