• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    But the LCP is pretty. I bought it on a whim. It was a really good deal. The more I handled it and modified it the more I grew to like it.

What mods have you made? BTW, I liked the first three sentences. You know, where you were rationalizing your otherwise inexplicable purchase. I do it all the time. ;)

paddywonka

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    A 22 revolver or auto loader are always fun and often over looked. Having a blast with my super accurate Walther p22.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    What mods have you made? BTW, I liked the first three sentences. You know, where you were rationalizing your otherwise inexplicable purchase. I do it all the time. ;)

Usually I like big guns. I had no intention of falling for the little LCP. The more I handled it the more hooked I was. I have to admit I like being able to shove it my purse when I can't carry my SP101 on me.

I put the grip sleeve on it and the extra long magazine extensions. Even though I have small hands the factory size was too small to hold and shoot comfortably, even for me.

I also changed out the spring to a 13 # spring because some people here recommended it. I didn't see much of a benefit with it so I changed it back to the factory spring. Whatever I gained by adding it was lost by how hard it was to rack the slide with the 13 # spring. Since I shoot the Ruger SP101 I am used to the long trigger pull so the factory spring works fine for me.

However being used to the long trigger pull on the Rugers isn't always a good thing. A range trip or so ago I shot the Rugers and then went to shoot my Sig Ultra Compact 1911. I was sighting up my target. I was facing the target & everything but I barely touched the trigger and the gun fired. It just startled me because it required almost no effort on my part. The Sig has a super smooth trigger unlike my SP101 or LCP that require a longer trigger pull to fire the weapon.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I saw a T-shirt once that said "Happiness is a belt fed weapon". My mind instantly thinks of that shirt when I think about what gun I "need". I could dream and be unrealistic saying it'd have to be FA or something crazy like that, but no. I'd be perfectly happy with a semi auto RPD, MG42 or something of the like. I wouldn't care what caliber it would even be, i'd get over it. Before I die, I will have something belt fed.... If my wife allows me too... :)

Top Bottom