What gun do you have, think is the easiest to take down?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    This weekend I took my brother shooting and he wanted to shoot as many type of guns that he could to see what he liked best. He wanted to narrow down what his next gun might be.

We shot his Desert Eagle 40, my Springfield xdm 40, Glock 23, taurus 9mm slim, sig P238 (380), ruger Mark III (22LR), Ruger LCR 38 Spcl, Kimber CDP, and we through ina a couple of rifles LWRC M6A2 and a Savage 93 for fun.

We had a great time.

Now the reason for the post is I have to clean all of these, with that in mind I've come to the conclusion that the springfields / glocks (taurus slim field strip is the same as glock) are the easiest to take down and clean.

The Kimber and Ruger Mark III require thought either taking them down or putting them back together.

Of course the LCR is just plain simple.

What guns do you have or think are either more difficult or are the easiest to field strip?

Oh and for the curious. My brother liked Glock the best but he had it in his mind before he shot it so not to open minded if you ask me. LOL He did give a nod to the Sig P238 as a possible pocket carry.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    True....

On semi-auto's, most of mine are reasonable to take down since the principle is the same. The only two I have that I would call a PITA are an Ortgies and an Astra 600.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    GP100.
    1. Remove from holster
    2. Fire
    3. Open cylinder
    4. Remove brass
    5. Install fresh ammo
    6. Close cylinder
    7. Holster
    8. Repeat as necessary

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The Makarov.

Now, why did I think you would say that? My Bulgy (yep, got a Bulgy) is Soviet easy, pretty darn easy.

Compared to all guns (revolvers aside, guns that actually need stripping down without tools), I think the XD is easier than the Glock, in that its a simple switch, as opposed to the pull slide slightly back, fondle nubs ( :D ), pull slide off.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Beretta PX4 is the easiest handgun I own to strip down for cleaning.

Just pull down on the two pins that stickout of the frame and the slide comes right off.

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    Some 1911'S are easy to break down and clean. I think those with a full length guide rod are a pain to work with! I think glocks are some of the easiest to break-down and clean.

Top Bottom