What gun do you have, think is the easiest to take down?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    My sigs are the easiest.

Sig P220 is the easiest gun for me to take down

For easiest, gotta be the sigs. pull the slide back and lock it, drop mag, grab the slide with your left hand and push the locking lever down with your thumb, release slide, and it comes off, and you're done.

.:patriot:

:+1: P220

So easy a Liberal could do it... after the screaming and yelling of how scary it looks.

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Of the guns I own, gotta be the Browning HP. Lock back the slide with the safety, pop out the assembly/slide release lever, release slide. Don't need a key or empty shell casing. Just as important, it's easy to put back together. My P11 is pretty easy to take down, but getting that assembly pin back in can be a PITA on occasion.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I have had the most experience with S&W, Glock and Srpingfield and find that they are all easy because I know how it is done.

I also have a Ruger LCP that is easy but the releasing pin is very small. I will pass along a tip that I picked up on a forum to use to remove the pin. The manual illistrates using a scredriver to pry but this seems like a bit much to me. I use a Swingline staple remover. It is pen shaped with a flat rolled front end and works sweet on the LCP release and would make a nice pry too to carry in your range box.

In summary, most things are ease once you know how to do it and have the proper tools.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    I had a few Bereta's in the 90's, they're the easiest pistol to field strip.:rockwoot: Now the safest,IMO, are the Ruger p series (89,94,95) You HAVE to lock back the slide, you HAVE to remove the mag to push the ejector down. If a round remained in the chamber and you did not see it after all that...:rolleyes: Then you can remove the slide stop and slide like most pistols. You don't have to pull the trigger to dis-assemble.:yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This..

The 380 even more so than the 9, but both are easy. The 380s fixed barrel makes it a tad easier than the 9.

Funny, but I've always thought it the opposite. I've both the Bersa 380 and 9mm too and always liked the 9 take down a bit more than the 380. With the 9, you just drop the lever and pull the slide off. With the 380, you have to pull the slide back a bit to pull it off. Both are extremely easy, but I've always thought the 9 was a bit more fool proof.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Funny, but I've always thought it the opposite. I've both the Bersa 380 and 9mm too and always liked the 9 take down a bit more than the 380. With the 9, you just drop the lever and pull the slide off. With the 380, you have to pull the slide back a bit to pull it off. Both are extremely easy, but I've always thought the 9 was a bit more fool proof.

I am counting pulling the guide rod, and taking out the barrel in the equation.

For initial breakdown, I agree with you, but if you are looking at the whole process, I go with the 380 :)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    The Ruger LCP is very easy to field strip (even with that darn pin). I also found that the M&P's break-down easily with little effort. Probably the worst pistol I have ever field stripped is the Walther P-22 because of its long, flimzy recoil spring that never seems to want to go back in without a fight.

Top Bottom