What does a persons Avatar say about themselves?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    While some avatars are way cool, a lot are just foolish. Actually, this being a gun owners forum, I feel some members choice in avatars actually hurt our cause.

Good observation, I have been trying to speculate why a member picked a specific avatar for their account. Not actually knowing the person makes it difficult to put the person to the chosen avatar. Most are gun and/or military related or patriotic but I see some that are cartoon like or just plain childish. Is there a correlation between a person’s avatar and their maturity or are they just fun loving people? We are dealing with firearms on this forum so I believe maturity is important.

I have met a couple people on INGo at gathering and a few members, in my opinion such as Scutter01 (previous avattar and also Rhino actually matched their Avatars and did a great job with them. I don't know why Scutter changed his. A few others had these macho looking avatars yet they looked like they were professional video game players still living at home with mom and dad.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Good observation, I have been trying to speculate why a member picked a specific avatar for their account. Not actually knowing the person makes it difficult to put the person to the chosen avatar. Most are gun and/or military related or patriotic but I see some that are cartoon like or just plain childish. Is there a correlation between a person’s avatar and their maturity or are they just fun loving people? We are dealing with firearms on this forum so I believe maturity is important.

I have met a couple people on INGo at gathering and a few members, in my opinion such as Scutter01 (previous avattar and also Rhino actually matched their Avatars and did a great job with them. I don't know why Scutter changed his. A few others had these macho looking avatars yet they looked like they were professional video game players still living at home with mom and dad.

Hey my avatar isn't childish! :xmad: lol I just had a picture of the comp of a snowman that was built by one of my friends and i so sort of randomly chose it. Im sure people look at it and are thinking, "ok?" :):

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Wondering

Hey my avatar isn't childish! :xmad: lol I just had a picture of the comp of a snowman that was built by one of my friends and i so sort of randomly chose it. Im sure people look at it and are thinking, "ok?" :):

What I am wondering is if that a good representation of you? :D

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Mine shows the Glock mating ritual. :D

I used to post outdoor photography of mine, but haven't done that in a while. I like to change my avatar every once in a while.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    What I am wondering is if that a good representation of you? :D

Probably not a good representation but not bad either. :) Im sure lots of people will recognize who I am on here just by my avatar tho. Though about changing it but hmmm I think its funny that its random. :): Maybe another question could be ,"what should your avatar represent?"

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    I was given the nickname "Gremlin" back in high school, and still answer to it when I come home. Went looking for a picture of one on the interwebs and came across this one looking like it was plotting some mischief, which is how I ended up with the nickname in the first place.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Better days? Actually, I saw someone else had put their unit patch on so I thought, cool, I'll do that since it looks so "awesome" with the fist and lightening bolts. :rockwoot: I have changed it a few times.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hmm. I chose my avatar because someone thought i might like it. And I did. I've changed my avatar so much but I like this one and will stick with it.

When I first signed up on the forums, my screen name was Savage Sigma after the first pistol I'd ever owned. Hated the pistol so I got another and changed my ID. My ID starts with my last name and ends with the brand of pistol I own. It also has a double meaning as a pissed off bird that represents the USA and how I feel. :D

My Avatar represents all that. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom