• ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    You know, both are great guns.

But it is sure hard to deny the proven record of reliability of the Glock. If I had to choose, I would pick the Glock. That being said, you have two great choices.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    The XD is a full size frame, unless you get the XD40sc. The Glock is a compact frame. The quality and reliability of the two is no different from the other. Find a shop that has both guns and see what fits your hand the best.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    definitely the glock......cant beat it

Yes you can beat them! I prefer the Xd over the Glock. Glocks to me have an uncomfortable grip, no natural point of aim, and just do not feel right. They are good guns, in their own right. The Xd is going to be a bit chunkier, because of the bigger slide. It also has a trigger, and grip safety. Allot of people bash them because of that. Say it's one more thing to fail. Well look how many 1911's are out there! It all comes down to what feels best to you. Maybe you yourself, will not like the grip safety. Best advice, is shoot both if you can. See which is the most comfortable, the easiest to operate, and you shoot the most accurately with! Because in the end, you are the only one needing to be happy with what you purchase! Happy hunting!

Let the Glocks are the best parade begin!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    Glock 23.

You can do all the customizing on it yourself plus once you learn to fully disassemble it (frame and slide internals), you can do all the repairs yourself. What it comes down to though is what fits you better.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Both are great guns and it just comes down to personal prefference. I personally like Glock best and that is my EDC. I have nothing against the XDs and I think they are great guns as well. Have you shot both of them? I would go with the one you are more comfortable with and shoot better. To me that is more important than my personal opinion. Good luck with your decision.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I much prefer XDs over Glocks. They simply feel better to me. It's strictly a subjective preference. Objectively, they are equals in terms of reliabillity, durability, accuracy.

If you reload and use cast, the XD is a better choice unless you buy an aftermarket barrel for the Glock.

musclecarr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Owen County
    Glock is cheaper, XD looks cooler and feels better in hand, both are very reliable. I personally like the grip safety on XD's. But you almost can't beat the Glock as far as the cost. But everybody has one! The XD has more features ie; grip safety, ambi mag release, steel slide, holster and dual mag. pouch which makes the extra $ almost worth it. Plus the Glock guys wish they had a XD because, everyone has a glock. People like too have something to show off to their friends. But most importantly BOTH are very reliable and very accurate good luck deciding.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Glock is cheaper, XD looks cooler and feels better in hand, both are very reliable. I personally like the grip safety on XD's. But you almost can't beat the Glock as far as the cost. But everybody has one! The XD has more features ie; grip safety, ambi mag release, steel slide, holster and dual mag. pouch which makes the extra $ almost worth it. Plus the Glock guys wish they had a XD because, everyone has a glock. People like too have something to show off to their friends. But most importantly BOTH are very reliable and very accurate good luck deciding.

I have to disagree on the price point. At least where I do most of my shopping. They are both very close in price. Just is gear alone, the mag pouch is $25, the holster is $25, and if I'm not mistaken the mag loader is $15. So that makes a total of $65. When I bought my Xd, I lucked out, or the shop owner missed something. Mine was a 75th anniversary pack. It came with one extra mag pouch, and three extra mags. Also Springfield was running a deal, a mail in form for two free mags! I paid $549, the same as his other new Xd's, but got roughly $210 in free gear :).

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Glock is cheaper, XD looks cooler and feels better in hand, both are very reliable. I personally like the grip safety on XD's. But you almost can't beat the Glock as far as the cost. But everybody has one! The XD has more features IE; grip safety, ambi mag release, steel slide, holster and dual mag. pouch which makes the extra $ almost worth it. Plus the Glock guys wish they had a XD because, everyone has a glock. People like too have something to show off to their friends. But most importantly BOTH are very reliable and very accurate good luck deciding.

It's just like people who own Government Motors trucks, deep down inside they want to be free, and own a Ford. However society tells them to be a man, you must own a Chevy. So deep down inside every Glock owner, wishes he owned a Xd. However society tells him to be a man, he must follow the herd!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have been comparing both for the past three weeks and after jumping back and forth, I have definitely decided on the XD .40 subcompact. Although I never place my finger on the trigger unless I'm firing, I just couldn't get over the fact that the Glock could be fired just by pulling the trigger. I know that sounds silly, but I've always had 1911's and the grip safety has always been something that makes the left and right sides of my brain agree.

Both are definitely excellent guns and after you hold and compare both, you will be happy with your final choice.

Flitmob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I have shot both guns and there is not much of a difference. I like the glock because it is cheaper. In this economy every dollar counts

Top Bottom