• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Actually I thought of a better one - It's turning out to be the best good luck charm I've ever had. Ever since I started wearing if I've never been mugged, harrassed, stalked, attacked, carjacked or anything and there alwasy seems to be a cop around when I need one...which doesn't seem to be so much anymore.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I've not been asked this yet, I have thought about it though. I would have to take the serious roll also, and simply state "I love my wife and children to much to not protect them to the best of my ability" or not come home to them! We need to try to get people to open their eyes and see what we have to lose! OUR country was born with a gun in her hand, it's OUR'S to protect!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I'm with Kinnards80, I need that gun because I love my people.

Then, I tell them about this video: YouTube - Susan Gratia Explains the Second Amendment

Then, I tell them about the friends I lost to a violent home invasion that could have been saved had my buddy been able to get to a gun.

I'm not telling them this to convince them that its OK for me be armed, I tell them this in hopes that they move to protect the people that they love.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I had a friend ask me "Where do you go that makes you think you need to carry a gun?" My reply was "You're looking at it from the wrong angle. You need to ask yourself "Where do I go the criminals might also go.""

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    Great thread! :): I posted a number of the responses on another site that I frequent that has a lot of gun enthusiasts (in Ohio).

The Killer Clowns and Zombie answers are the best IMHO.

The response should be suited to the tone of the question. But humor can diffuse an argumentative twit fast. If pushed, I'd rather answer that I am excercising my 2nd Amendment rights.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I had a friend ask me "Where do you go that makes you think you need to carry a gun?" My reply was "You're looking at it from the wrong angle. You need to ask yourself "Where do I go the criminals might also go.""

I had a similar conversation with a guy, that owns firearms, but doesn't carry. He gave me the old " I just stay away from places where you would need a gun". I said " Oh, I guess you don't go to Fast food restaurants, gas stations, banks,churches, or malls. Never been any shootings in places like those. Have there?":rolleyes:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    The tone/attitude of the asker would dictate which reply they got. Some possibilities:

Smarta** answers:

- "I need *this* gun because my *other* gun is on vacation in the Bahamas."

- "The voices... :runaway: They said I would know the need when the time was right...

- "What do you need that shirt/hat/shoes/etc for?" (Stupid question gets one in return)

- (If wearing a t-shirt/tank-top/short sleeve shirt, point at your forearms and say:) "I'm exercising my right to bare arms." :joke:

- "To keep the King of England outa' my face."

- "To protect myself from ever being kidnapped again by extra-terrestrial Nazi lesbian hookers and being forced into a weight loss program!!!" :shady:

- "For people who ask me, 'What do you need that gun for?'" ;)

Semi-smart a** annswers:

- "The plethora of logical answers to your question are so intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer that it makes me question the intellectual capability of the person who asked such a question in the first place to fully comprehend any answer I would give in reply."
    (The Cliff Notes version of this has already been posted: "Here's your sign..." :D :rockwoot: )

Serious answers:

- "To remain a Citizen, and not become a subject or a slave."

- "To maintain my right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

- (Quoting Col. Cooper, USMC :patriot: ) "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil cannot be overcome by fleeing from it."

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom