• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    6904 loaded with one in chamber plus 3 mags on standby, 1911 cocked and locked with another 8 rd mag and 10 rd mag ready. SKS with 3-30 rd and 1 20 rd all loaded but the magazines are out of the gun and the bolt is open.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I have afew loaded in various places around the house.

Question...Why would I want or need to keep them all loaded?

Example...Im never going to need to run to the safe and grab a Model 700 in 280 because my front door was just kicked in:dunno:

grizzly.jpg

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    1 AR with a 30rd mag in it, chamber empty
    1 1911 cocked and locked with 9 in it and 18 on standby
    1 Glock 17, 17rd mag chamber empty. Also some loaded 33rd mags in the case with it.

Other than that, everything else is unloaded. No point in the 26" 870's, single shot 20 ga., AR with ACOG on it, etc., etc, to be ready to go for HD.

LAZY DOG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2009
    MINI 14 /40 ROUNDS 12GA. 6 ROUNDS 5 BACK UP, RNDS 9MM 3 /15 RND MAGS, 20 RNDS 22LR ,7RNDS 22 SHORT AND THE DOG WILL STOP THEM AT THE DOOR .LONG ENOUGH FOR ME TO BREATHE. COME ON.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    I don't keep "everything" loaded, and I generally only keep 2, maybe 3, firearms that are not in the safe, loaded. My 590, my sidearm/nightstand gun, and I usually pull my 21A out of my back pocket and stash it out of sight in my dresser drawer. Doesn't make sense to provide an intruder/attacker with bonus weaponry in the event of an encounter.

Inside the safe on the top shelf, there is a loaded handgun. I do have a small fire safe that I keep inside my gun safe all the way down on the floor. There's just enough room between the top of the firesafe and the shelf above it for a handgun to sit out of sight on the firesafe, and there is a loaded gun inside the firesafe itself.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    if you check and clear a firearm and have eyes on it, then the whole time you have eyes on it, it is UNLOADED. i hate that saying "all guns are always loaded" cause its so false

Famous last words, want those on your tombstone?

My guns are loaded and I mean they are REALLY loaded. Far as I'm concerned every gun I see is loaded and people I see handling them better treat them as if they were loaded unless I'm the guest or customer. If that's the case, leaving is the most polite thing I'll do.

BTW, I hate hearing "It'll never happen to me, I been trained." because it's false. "If, if, if, if frogs had wings..." Sooner or later you'll be saying "If only I had listened to Jack Ryan. That man was a genius. Why didn't I listen to him instead of ..."

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    All tolled I've got just shy of 500 rounds ready to go on a moments notice. Carrying all of the guns is of course a challenge, but my wife can help out.
    1. Carry gun has a full mag, one in the chamber, safety on. 3 other mags loaded with FMJ (for backup or just convenience on the next range trip. :D) - 43 rds
    2. Other handgun has a full mag, one in the chamber, safety on. Gun is locked up, and also has 3 additional full mags loaded with FMJ. -48rds
    3. Wife's snubby .38 spl. 5 loaded, 2 speed loaders with it. - 15rds
    4. 870 12 ga. 5 rounds 00 buck; 4 in the tube and one in the chamber, safety on. 5 more on the stock sleeve. - 10 rds
    5. AR-15 has a 30 rd mag full of 75g Hornady TAP, NO ROUND in the chamber. Extra 30rd mag with it with same ammo with the gun. Probably another 10 or so mags nearby with a variety of 55gr and 62gr ammo ready to go, of conveniently ready for the next trip to the range. 360rds.
    There are only 2 guns in the house at the moment that aren't in a "ready" condition with loaded magazines handy. M1 Garand (but I do have a bandoleer full of ammo in en bloc clips in my range box with some additional reloads), and my Daisy .177 cal pellet/bb gun.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

My guns are loaded and I mean they are REALLY loaded. Far as I'm concerned every gun I see is loaded and people I see handling them better treat them as if they were loaded unless I'm the guest or customer. If that's the case, leaving is the most polite thing I'll do.

BTW, I hate hearing "It'll never happen to me, I been trained." because it's false. "If, if, if, if frogs had wings..." Sooner or later you'll be saying "If only I had listened to Jack Ryan. That man was a genius. Why didn't I listen to him instead of ..."

:laugh: i dont even know who you are jack ryan, im comfortable with my training but thanks anyways. no i dont know it all but im always safe, all guns are not always loaded if i have cleared them and it is in my hands or in my sight without turning away from it.

As far as whats on my tombstone has already been determined. and when im burried at Arlington finaly next to my brothers, I will request that im burried upside down so the world can kiss my A** for all eternity, :) then i will rest in peace forever, until i am reencarnated as a sperm whale, since they have the worlds largest tongue and penis of any mammal, yippeeeeee

Last edited:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up

You read my mind.:laugh:

But, in all seriousness.:+1:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

WWJRD
    Not a day goes by that I don't ask myself this!!!!:D

Top Bottom