• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Both of mine are getting Eagle Pack. We switched from Nutro back they had their big recall to Canadae until they were bought out by Diamond and the recipe went to :poop:. We've been feeding the Eagle Pack for about 1 1/2 years now and they really like it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I used to feed my bird dogs Joy that I bought at the elevator. Seems like it was around $25 for 50, but that was a couple years ago.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    Diamond Natural Lamb & Rice for both my Golden Retreivers. One has skin alergies and can't eat corn or soy. No presertivies or fillers.

They are doing very well on it and it's not too expensive, $25.99/40lbs at Rural King in Columbus yesterday. Tractor Supply has it for $29.99.

I tried Blue Buffalo, it's very good food but at $48/30lbs it's expensive.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    We feed our Boxers Royal Canin Boxer, it goes for around $60 for 33 lbs. Little expensive but they are worth it and it results in less health issues and poop. We used to use Premium Edge until we figured out 1 of the dogs had a sensitive stomach. It was $30 for 35 lbs and highly recommended by our trainer and GSD breeder at First Friends K9.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    We adopted a German short hair this summer. He was very thin and coat in bad shape. Been feeding him Beniful and he loves it. Tried a few others and would just pick at it. Weight is good now and his coat just shines. Vet seems ok with it. He says dog looks great.

He had the black stuff in ears a while back. Vet said ear infection. Antibiotic drops helped, and black gunk is gone. Nasty though.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    :+1: for Blue Buffalo ... my Golden also has ear / skin allergies. He does very well on this. No wheat, no corn, no byproducts ...

We had a serious problem a month or so ago, then found out they had a recall ... couple of batches sold in July / August had too much vitamin D (look up vitamin D toxicosis) ... got the food returned ... (and a temporary alternative) ... he's back on Blue Buffalo and all healthy again. VERY happy for him ... still sad for my wallet.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Another :+1: for Blue Buffalo.
    Got our Rottie about a year and a half ago from a rescue. She was grossly underweight and had some serious stomach problems.
    She was on prescription food for about a month then we switched to Blue.
    She's done really well on it.

If I HAD to change brands, I think I'd look at one of the ones from Diamond.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I just read some about making your own dogfood lastnight, also found "Top 5 Dog food" and "worst 7 dog foods"
    Blue Buffalo was the only one of the top 5 I'd even heard of.
    All Purina and Ol'Roy and Kibbles and bits were on the 7 worst.

I also read some about people who said their dogs were "allergic to animal protein, and had to eat a vegetarian diet." :n00b:

Top Bottom