iPhone 5

ltxAQkT.jpg

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    G-19 in a Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster and 2 spare magazines, with 2 round extensions,in a Fobus magazine holster. Leatherman multitool, or Buck knife and a cheap led light with a Cree bulb.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      134.9 KB · Views: 4

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    What do you carry everyday ?!? Funny, indiucky,mkelsey,Hornet,Rhino400 and the others wearing the Serpa, YOUR rig looks like you wear it everyday, but folks look at all those pics of the purdy firearms in what looks like never worn holsters. I mean the leather shows almost no wear on the finish or materials. I'm not saying B.S., most of you have guns and equipment to die for, but I see all new items, no finish wear, shiny ammo, knives and flashlights right outa the box. Maybe the post should have been titled, what would you like to carry everyday !?!

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Well I'll be the first to admit I have been notorious over the past few years of changing what I carry. I have gone back and forth between M&P's and Glocks, currently I'm back on the Glock bandwagon. :)

The M&P Shield in my pic is what I have carried almost exclusively since June of last year, the Crossbreed holster has held up extremely well. The Glock 19 in the RCS holster is new, i just picked up that holster at the gun show on Friday, now that we are getting into the colder months i can conceal that no problem under a sweatshirt or whatever.

What I can say is that in general I like 2 kinds of holsters the best for just about any gun, the hybrid style IWB, like the Crossbreed Supertuck, and Raven Concealments all kydex Phantom holsters. I think I'm going to give Old Faithful holsters a try and order a kit for my Glock 19.

Also, keep in mind that many people work in jobs where they are unable to carry, so the term "EDC" may exclude many hours of the day when people are at work.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    What do you carry everyday ?!? Funny, indiucky,mkelsey,Hornet,Rhino400 and the others wearing the Serpa, YOUR rig looks like you wear it everyday, but folks look at all those pics of the purdy firearms in what looks like never worn holsters. I mean the leather shows almost no wear on the finish or materials. I'm not saying B.S., most of you have guns and equipment to die for, but I see all new items, no finish wear, shiny ammo, knives and flashlights right outa the box. Maybe the post should have been titled, what would you like to carry everyday !?!

Or it could've been like all the pictures I have of my guns and gear, I took the Pics when I first got them and haven't felt the need to retake them.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Probably in the minority, but I have religiously carried for 5+ years...a North American Arms Black Widow revolver with five rounds of .22 magnum. Small round? Absolutely, but that gun rides in a slim printless holster in my right front pocket and rides there 18 hours a day...every day.

I do have larger carry options, but none ever really made sense for me as they were uncomfortable and ended up sitting in the safe. A few .22 magnum rounds applied as a nasal decongestant will ruin someone's day if the need arises and are infinitely better than the bigger gun/bigger rounds sitting in the safe!

Rog

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    What I can say is that in general I like 2 kinds of holsters the best for just about any gun, the hybrid style IWB, like the Crossbreed Supertuck, and Raven Concealments all kydex Phantom holsters. I think I'm going to give Old Faithful holsters a try and order a kit for my Glock 19.

Also, keep in mind that many people work in jobs where they are unable to carry, so the term "EDC" may exclude many hours of the day when people are at work.

I would agree with your assesment regarding holsters. I have tried just about every style out there (except apendix carry). What I tend to recommend is the kydex OWB holsters, IWB hybrid style or a high ride leather pancake style. All of these have two points of attachment to spread the weight of the gun and also hold the gun tight to the body.

Yes EDC is subjective. Obviously I can not carry to work or my kids school. Yes I could hide one of those micro guns at work but why?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I'll buy that wtfd661, I have a couple Hootch Holsters, and Fobus that still look the same, my Horsehide pocket holster and mag pouch look new too after many a year, but my De Santis Apache ankle rig looks about shot.

Top Bottom