What do you carry around on a daily basis?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierglock40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Hi guys just wondering what all of you carry around on a daily basis when it comes to self defense. I know I carry a G23 w/ 13+1, and a spring assisted knife on my belt, extra 15rd mag in car.

I dont carry a light or extra mag on the belt or anything like that, what do you have? and whats the reason you carry it?

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Lets see...Sig p226 with 18+1 plus at least one mag on me normally two, Benchmade spring assisted knife, surefire EB2 backup light, sometimes a ruger sp101 as well...

Normally have quite a few mags with in a minutes reach in the BOB.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    G-17, (2) 17-round mags, Surefire light, SOG knife.

It's all about balance. The (2) mags balance the 17 and the light balances the knife. That way, I don't tip over.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Smith Shield in 9MM with the 8+1 magazine, carrying the 7 rounder in back pocket with my wallet. As far as knives go I try to rotate my emersons and strider but 90% of the time I carry a strider.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I rotate between an Officer's Model .45, a Glock 23, and a Kel-Tec P3AT, depending on the relative threat level. Keep a rifle stashed in the truck too, usually an M4.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Lets see...Sig p226 with 18+1 plus at least one mag on me normally two, Benchmade spring assisted knife, surefire EB2 backup light, sometimes a ruger sp101 as well...

Normally have quite a few mags with in a minutes reach in the BOB.

You must have that belt cinched well! My pants would resemble an inner city gang member's style!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Too much weight and a bad attitude.

Rarely a G17 with 24 +1 and an extra 19rd weak side pocket, more likely Beretta PX4 SC with Compact mags 15 +1 plus an extra 15rd weak side.

Both with +P bonded.

Both when I anticipate a stroll through the valley of the shadow of death.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Either my M&P9 full size 17+1 with a spare 17 rd mag (124 grain Federal HST) or my M&P Shield 9 8+1 with a spare 8 rd mag (124 grain +P Speer Gold Dots). I always carry my Surefire LX2 Lumamax flashlight as a way to help diffuse a tense situation without having to use my gun. It's also a good striking tool if needed for that. Also, clearly it's good for seeing things, particularly things you may have to shoot at. I sometimes carry a folding knife and probably should more often. Phone. I should probably get some med gear and learn how to use it as well.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Don't mind reviewing what we carry, is there a limit on who or how many posts are activated? Isn't this (INGO) an open forum? Can we choose which post to read, whats redundant, and choose what not to read or respond too? (IMHO) it's the post POLICE, threads that are annoying. We do have moderators............oh yea for the umpteenth time, I carry a G-27 or G-23 currently in a horsehide coat pocket holster (I can shuck the Glock into the belt or pocket of my jeans if my coat comes off), and on the opposite side a horsehide flashlight and mag pouch with a S&W extreme ops folder stuck to it.

I'll let everyone know in the next EDC ? What do you carry threaqd if I change anything. Stay tuned!

Top Bottom