• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I don't like most pink guns because like the OP, I think they look too much like toys.

This one's pretty badass though..

WaltherP22PinkDigi.jpg

Probably the only pink gun I would ever buy.

That's the one my wife likes. My daughter likes the pink Marlin model 60.

FatGeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    I think its great if just the color of the weapon gets women interested in shooting. I also like the idea of a carry weapon that doesn't look like a carry weapon at first glance. With the purpose of carrying being self defense, I think having a sidearm that doesn't look typical could provide an extra second or two needed to get an advantage. With that in mind, I've been thinking about duracoating a pistol a light silver for carrying tucked IWB under a white dress shirt. Silver is light enough to not show up under a white dress shirt like black does.

That new Blaze Orange and Beaming Blue from Duracoat is pretty cool too. No way you'd leave that in the woods. Aside from the white dress shirt issue, I think it would be cool on a carry pistol too, other than it being reflective.

movevio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    the color doesn't matter at all to me but i have not bought one yet. if you think they looks like toys you should see some of the real toys that look just like guns

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Why not??? I bought one for my girlfriends daughter (they are all into pink now days)and she loves it!!

As far as looking like a toy... My son who is now 11 and fairly skilled in the shooting sports was taught from the time he could pickup a toy gun not to point even toy guns at things he shouldn't shoot. I dunno but I don't think dipping the barrel tip of my PS90 into orange paint is going to make anyone think it's an airsoft...

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    I was shocked the first time I saw a pink pistol, and it's still not attractive to me, but the pink, purple, and yellow shooters that melensdad posted are very, very cool. As long as the strictness for safety does not suffer, that's a great idea to personalize firearms for the family. Thumbs up to melensdad! :yesway:

biggym6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    A handgun should be a extension of who you are. And if the color pink is part of that extension, more power to you.

theboss365

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    PLYMOUTH
    I think that any gun is an extension of your personality, no matter if its color, caliber, rifle or pistol, lets face it if we couldn't personalize our weopons, they wouldnt be near as cool.

As for pink, I bought my daughter a pink rossi .410, 22 single shot, and she loves to tell people about it. Of course I limit this, but still I love it that she is proud of a gun.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I think it's fine if that's what someone wants. I think it helps to get more girls/women into shooting and lets them express themselves a little. I wouldn't own one personally but if others want to that's fine. Pink is a very big color in everything right now. :twocents:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I don't think it matters whether it's pink or not, I think it matters a lot more whether you can
    a) shoot it accurately and safely,
    b) are responsible enough to handle a weapon, and
    c) know when to drag it out!

My five-year old daughter wants a pink-grip Taurus 85. When she's old enough to own and shoot a .38, I'll buy her the pink-gripped revolver. Heck, then it'll be safe from our two younger boys...they won't touch anything in pink!

Personally, if I could choose...I would have a nice AR-15 in Dark Steel Gray!!!

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    Who knows, pink guns may catch on in San Francisco and change the direction those libtards are swishing.

Speaking of San Francisco and pink firearms...Pink Pistols is one of the leading homosexual firearms advocacy group in the country, and they're branching out into Canada.

Top Bottom