• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I actually think that guns in different colors are pretty cool. My wife however prefers functional and boring black. In her eyes guns are supposed to be black or blued with nice walnut stocks.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is a pretty funny thread. My wife is a girly girl that has a collection of shoes that is almost as big as my collection of guns. Still, she is of the camp that does not want a pink pistol. She feels pretty strongly about it too.

For me, I think anything that can make a weapon comfortable to someone is a good thing. If carrying a pink pistol is what it takes to get someone to simply love the thing, then great. To love it is to shoot it and that makes for more competent shooters. I don't see it as being much different than the happieness that a set of nice rosewood grips on a 1911 brings to me.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    i told my b/f if he ever gave me a pink gun i would shoot him with it! lol

This seems to be a disturbingly common sentiment.

Wimmins are violent! :D

I wouldn't shoot someone who gave me a pink gun. I might (or might not, I actually like pink) duracoat it, but I'd still have a new gun! LOL.

Juggernaut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Owosso Mi
    My Bride's Pink, OD and Gray '74
    28592_1314632190832_1381519105_30681039_5567341_n.jpg
    28592_1314632510840_1381519105_30681045_6204432_n.jpg
    28592_1314632110830_1381519105_30681038_3694185_n.jpg

ShooterG53

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I don't have a problem with it. If the owner is responsible, it should be no more accessable to a child than any other gun.

i agree that if the owner is responsible and teaches their family and/or children about safe gun handling and respect for firearms then whatever color
    the gun is will not matter.

Malaggar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Eminence / Monrovia
    Pink Guns

My wife has a pink Smith and Wesson Hammerless .38 Special and likes it for the "its hers and not mine" factor of owning a pink gun. We do not have kids however... I can see where you are coming from with the toy gun argument.

I have always thought that perhaps when we do have kids we would not allow toy guns in the house period so that we aren't sending conflicting messages on gun handling. Even when I pick up a toy gun I notice myself subconsciously practicing muzzle awareness and trigger finger placement, a subconscious habit I think might be hindered by allowing kids to "mishandle" toy guns and encourage bad safety habits...I know that I get a little annoyed/angry when we go to a friends house and their kids are pointing toy guns at me or slinging them around with an obvious lack of basic gun handling/safety knowledge, and lack of respect for the dangers of gun mishandling. I would be scared to death if one of those kids somehow got their hands on a live gun.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    My Grandma wants one for herslef. SHe's been looking for a home defense firearm and likes the 870 at Gander with the pink wood stain. Heck, I like it.

Google Image Result for http://derisasybesos.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/hello_kitty_ak47_1.jpg

If you scroll a little bit down the page you'll see 3 hello kitty guns. If you take the hello kitty stuff off the AK it looks really cool. lol.
    boy they really whored that shot gun in post 36 didnt they.all thats missing is the tall latex boots.

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    i think pink guns are cool.My woman didnt know they made them and made the mistake of saying ok i will go hunting but i want a pink gun thinking i could never find one . 10 sec later i pulled up a bunch of pink guns and told her so what one we want lol. Foot in the mouth

samwathegreat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    I think it's a fine idea. Ladies like the pink guns. Many of them are different from men and always need to do their fashion / accessorize thing. I say if she's willling to carry it because it's feminine enough for her, more power to her ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I am sort of disappointed some makers are making pink guns... makes them look too much like toys.

You can give me all of your pink guns if you get them then. At night, they all look the same shades of gray, when you predominantly see using the rods in your retina.

They knock off the BG just the same as a black one or a green one or a blue one or a yellow or......:popcorn:

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    Not for me but whatever gives you Joy

Seeing pink guns typically makes me want to throw up a little as do the sight of pink 4x4's, or pink tools...
    However I do respect peoples preferences and sometimes I even appreciate the appropriateness of some people owning such things.
    So whatever gives you Joy is my motto but you wont find me eager to own one.

Top Bottom