• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    I officially will not step foot in my local gander ever again. I was in the area of the greenwood one so I stopped in to see if they had any good deals and boy was I wrong. Between the $699 glocks and $30 for a box of 20 rounds of 9mm I can't believe people buy guns and ammo there. This was not the worst part of my trip today!! I decided to go down the holster isle and ended up being greeted by (loaded?) handguns because atleast 3 people decided to just pull out their guns and try them in a new holster.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I shop there.

I just don't buy there.

Selection that few other places can compete with. For hands on decision making, nobody can really beat it. Pricing dictates that I walk out after that however, and take my money elsewhere.

I'm sure their sales rely mostly on the people who don't know of where else to find guns.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I shop there.

I just don't buy there.

Selection that few other places can compete with. For hands on decision making, nobody can really beat it. Pricing dictates that I walk out after that however, and take my money elsewhere.

I'm sure their sales rely mostly on the people who don't know of where else to find guns.

I agree with kidd, I go to the one in Castleton just to fondle either the specific item I am looking for (provided it isn't sold out) or try a bunch of different things. I look at ammo and sometimes find a special or something, but for the most part I just go to look, figure out what I want, then purchase elsewhere.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Excludes firearms. :(

A strict reading of what their policy states would indicate the firearms exclusion applies to internet purchases only. It falls under the section regarding the website, but does not appear in the retail store exceptions at all.

If Iever get to Gander Mountain I'll ask them.

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    I was going to At least fondle some guns and than shop else where but after 30min of waiting I gave up. It felt like I was at the deli counter at the supermarket waiting for my number to be called.

Last edited:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    They occasionally have good deals on clothes. And their shotguns are usually within normal pricing. Furthermore, OP, I'm sure GM doesn't condone Persons coonfingering their guns in the holster section.

You are most correct in your assessment of their overpriced handguns and ammo though. Often their used handguns are more expensive than new at other stores.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I was going to At least fondle some guns and than shop else where but after 30min of waiting I gave up. It felt like I was at the deli counter at the supermarket waiting for my number to be called.

Wait, you feel bad that they made you wait when you were intending only to waste their time? Yeah, you sure have some righteous indignation.

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    Wait, you feel bad that they made you wait when you were intending only to waste their time? Yeah, you sure have some righteous indignation.

Yes. They get paid to assist me in looking at their firearms whether I buy or not. And I also agree with your statement about the used guns. Used glocks were $599

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    In greenwood They won't even acknowledge customers at the gun counter unless your number is next. Fondle, try on, feel, look, but I'll never give them a dime again. They've wasted my time so I don feel bad wasting theirs.
    Sounds like someone works there and is getting moody because their employer sucks and takes advantage and rips off their less informed customers.

the tryin out holsters with loaded guns doesn't surprise me. No one with any firearms experience would pay those prices or pull out their loaded gun.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Ive found a deal or two there, just have to stop in and look when I am in the area. Just because I am there doesnt mean I have to buy anything. Besides that, its one of the closest places to my house that sells gun powder and primers (when they are available) that has business hours that accommodate my work schedule.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Yes. They get paid to assist me in looking at their firearms whether I buy or not. And I also agree with your statement about the used guns. Used glocks were $599

This hits the nail on the head. I won't go to an LGS just to fondle and waste their time but Gander employees get the same paycheck regardless of me so when they're not particularly busy I've gotten into some good conversations with a few of the more knowledgeable employees. I get to look at guns and they get to pass the time a little bit quicker than just sitting twiddling their thumbs.

Top Bottom