May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    shot- 100rds of AE.223 in Ar
    60rds of 7.62x54r in Mosin
    200rds of 9mm in Beretta M9
    200rds of .22lr in 10/22
    15rds 500S&W Mag
    20rds of .308 Fed GMM in Rem 770

it was a nice day so spent some time enjoying it before the winter actually gets here and ruins it. lots to clean now

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I know this is small potatoes for some of you guys that have been at it for a while, but this is a little bit of work for me on my single stage. I started last night and finished up this evening after work. I landed a deal on some 38 special brass and I've been working off and on to get some ammo built up. As you can see, I've run out of bullets and need to stock up.

Loads.jpg

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Doc, THAT IS TOOO COOOL! Good on ya!

Let us know how they shoot for you. Pictures of targets is always a nice thing! ;)

I helped get another person hooked tonight! He was already hooked on shooting and he is working on getting a sponsor for competition. He came to the realization that he was going to be way over his head in cost if all he had to shoot was factory ammo. He bought a Dillon XL650, kind of a bold move for a first press-if you ask me, but, hey, its his money and time.

At any rate, he is making 45ACP like there was no tomorrow when I left! Well, not really. He is going to make up 10 rounds of each case headstamp that he has to run across the cronograph on Saturday. Gotta make powerfactor and he want to know what each brand of case will provide.

At any rate, another shooter that has become a reloader! Gotta like that! (I guess I am now a professional reloading coach. He gave me a $25 gift card to Outback! I was pretty surprised! :)

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Loaded 4 different charge weights of H4895 under a 155gr A-Max in my son's 308 and then trimmed and primed 85 cases for the 30 Carbine. Being a straight-walled design that headspaces on the mouth, case length is critical. If it's shorter than 1.286 it will misfire from a short primer strike but if it's longer than ~1.292" it may not chamber, jamming the action. It's the biggest pain in the butt to reload, but it sure is fun to shoot! I put a Williams peep sight on it and the accuracy got so much better. I can shoot an entire 15-round magazine into a 3" group at 50 yards. :)

When I was done with those, I put a whole bunch of different cases in the tumbler; 270Win, 380ACP, 358GNR and 243Win. Will sort, size and inspect tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Doc, THAT IS TOOO COOOL! Good on ya!

Let us know how they shoot for you. Pictures of targets is always a nice thing! ;)

I helped get another person hooked tonight! He was already hooked on shooting and he is working on getting a sponsor for competition. He came to the realization that he was going to be way over his head in cost if all he had to shoot was factory ammo. He bought a Dillon XL650, kind of a bold move for a first press-if you ask me, but, hey, its his money and time.

At any rate, he is making 45ACP like there was no tomorrow when I left! Well, not really. He is going to make up 10 rounds of each case headstamp that he has to run across the cronograph on Saturday. Gotta make powerfactor and he want to know what each brand of case will provide.

At any rate, another shooter that has become a reloader! Gotta like that! (I guess I am now a professional reloading coach. He gave me a $25 gift card to Outback! I was pretty surprised! :)

Thanks for the kudos. I haven't been at it that long, but I'm really starting to get hooked. I really like tweaking and experimenting to see what loads give me my best results. Trouble is, I haven't been able to shoot much at all, and it looks like the weather is going in the toliet later this week!!!

By the way, your friend is certainly ambitious starting out with a Dillon. I'm still on a single stage, but I'm definately getting ready to upgrade.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    I gas checked/sized and lubed a couple of hundred 158 grain lswc's for some .357 loads. As soon as the lube (Rooster Jacket) dries I'm loading these up with 17 grains of Lil' Gun for my lever gun.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Oh, yeah!

I gas checked/sized and lubed a couple of hundred 158 grain lswc's for some .357 loads. As soon as the lube (Rooster Jacket) dries I'm loading these up with 17 grains of Lil' Gun for my lever gun.

That ought to get it done! What kind of velocity are you getting from your lever gun and what brand is it? Barrel length?

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    That ought to get it done! What kind of velocity are you getting from your lever gun and what brand is it? Barrel length?

I haven't run any of these through the chrony yet but I'll make it a point to with this batch. I expect somewhere around 17-1800 fps out of my old pre-safety Rossi M92 with a 16" barrel. Will post the results in a couple of weeks.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My son and I shot my dad's new toy, Henry .22 mare's leg. It's cute and all, just couldn't figure out how to hold it so you could actually hit anything with it. It was getting pretty dark and the front sight was getting hard to see so we'll have to try again soon.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Took advantage of the nice weather Tuesday to cast me some Lee 155gr spire points for my 7.62x39mm ak47.

Gonna load them over some alliant 2400 for a reduced load that still cycles the action. And it keeps the empties nearby so I can find and reload them! Instead of putting them into orbit :D

sbrville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Rush Co
    Just loaded 20 rounds of .243's. 75 gr VMAX and 36 gr 8208xrb. Shot this powder in .243 with 60gr hp and shot great, just makin some 'yote rounds. Also was first time using lee neck sizer, quick and easy. might have to try a few out tomorrow.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    400619147.jpg

Loaded 200 .45acp 230 grain cast LRN's over 5.4 grains of Universal then I cast, gas checked and sized 20 each 500 grain .458's I'll load tomorrow.

Top Bottom