• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I just loaded for the very first time today! :rockwoot: Very excited to see how they do tomorrow as I'll be giving them a try!

Solo 1000 with a Precision 147 moly, using Winchester SPP.

I'll report back later!

Last edited:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Made a trade a few days ago for 2500-.45acp. and 300+ .308 cases.
    Today finished up with the second clean/sorting of the .45. Got 100 of the .308 primer pockets de-burred+cleaned.
    Tomorrow I start on trimming the 100 .308's..Bill.

smbaldwin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    cumberland
    I just loaded for the very first time today! :rockwoot: Very excited to see how they do tomorrow as I'll be giving them a try!

3.3 of Solo 1000 @ 1.125 with a Precision 147 moly, using Winchester SPP.

I'll report back later!

congrats and good luck. I hve been reloading for a few moths now, but have been too busy to get anything done. got 500 rounds of .40 s&w started yesterday and finished today. now i cant wait to get to the range.:ar15:

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan

Solo 1000 with a Precision 147 moly, using Winchester SPP.

I'll report back later!

Now THAT is good news! Congrats on the first go round!

I am assuming that they are 9mm, right?

The beginning of a life long addiction! :welcome:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I have yet to have an issue with Wolf primers. They have gone "bang" every time in the Rugers and Kahrs.

Glad they work for someone. I bought a thousand of them last year, about 3 in 10 have to be hit 2x before they go off, some wont. Shooting in a Sig 226, about the same results in every 9mm I've tried them in.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    If you have to hit them twice, most of the time it is a seating issue, not a primer one.

FWIW

Thanks Skip been through all that over the last yr. I pulled a few reset the primer to make sure it was seated all the way..no go.
    Just started using Win spp again and haven't had an issue. I seated them with a RCBS hand primer and the one on my Lee didn't matter which I used.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    There was an issue with some folks saying that there was no anvil in some of them. I have never had that problem although, I have had one come out when I flipped it over to go into the loading tube of my Dillon press.

So, not always is shallow seating an issue, but, for some, because they do seat harder than any other, it can be.

I have only about 20,000 of them on the shelf so, I may not have gotten to the supposed problem ones.

Can I ask where you got yours from? I bought through Widners and Graff & Sons.

Just wondering if they are from one supplier or a regional issue.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Hummmmmm. Never bought primers from him. Before casting, I used to buy bullets. They have a TON of supplies for reloading. One of the great local shops that need supported. Just wish the "Old Man" would make the experience more palatable! ;)

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Hummmmmm. Never bought primers from him. Before casting, I used to buy bullets. They have a TON of supplies for reloading. One of the great local shops that need supported. Just wish the "Old Man" would make the experience more palatable! ;)

LMAO You have been there! His daughter is a little better but not much

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I took our son in law there this past weekend. He is from Oklahoma, where people are just super personable. I had to warn him!

Sue always speaks right up, if she isn't busy with Internet orders. I suppose we were in there for several minutes, maybe 20 just looking for some deals on bullets for him, and we were asked 3 times if there was anything he could help us with. All 3 times we told him no, just looking. :D

He does have a ton of stuff though and at reasonable prices. I send lots of folks there from the Smith & Wesson Reloading forum for a Lee Classic Cast Turret Press Kit. He is usually the cheapest around for that.

Top Bottom