• ...and so much more!
  • CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Had a good time at the show today!

As we waited in line to get in (got there at about 2:15) my father in law told me he was after a Sig P6. He'd been coveting mine since I got it last year. We got in, I found the dealer that I knew would probably have them, he sorted through the three they had on their table, and 5 minutes later he had his P6. That's a new show record for us. :D

As for myself, I finally found the compact .45 that I've been after...a Rock Island Armory 1911 CS :rockwoot:. The father in law also got himself a Rock Island in .38 special.

It took almost 45 minutes for the dealer to process my paperwork...they were swamped. My father in law is a gun dealer and I have to admit I was pretty envious of the fact that he had didn't have anything near the wait. :D

Also got some large 20mm ammo cans and a few other of those hard to find bits and pieces.

Really good show in my opinion though. Lots of stuff to look through...this was the first time I've been to the 1500 on Friday...maybe that had something to do with it?

Anyway...what did you guys bring home that you had to hide from the wife?? :D

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I never buy at first sight. all I grabbed today were a few extra mags for my combat commander and some ammo.. Ill look for deals on Sunday...JC

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I didn't really find anything to make me want to break out the wallet. I wanted to get some Black Dog .22lr mags for my AR but the only place that had them was Model 1 and they're not getting my money. Other than that, it seemed like it was extra full of old guys selling flea market antiques. You know, where they have a couple dozen overpriced and rusted vintage guns in a glass case and you aren't allowed to touch them?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah.... but you're just a lucky batsard!!! :D
    :cheers:

Yeah, the conversation usually ends with me saying something like "Are you kidding me?! We can't afford to buy you that $3000 .50 cal sniper rifle!" It's pretty depressing when I'm the one that has to be the voice of reason at the gun show. *sigh*

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    I just bought some .44 Spl and .45 Colt brass, and a base and rings for a Contender. Elmore's has some nice stuff on his table, I was sorely tempted by some nice old Smiths.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I got there at 2:05 and the line was half way around the building; took 20 min to get in. The only 1500 I went to was the last one and that was on Saturday and the wait was half as long; I got there at the opening too. Thought the show was almost 25% larger but that might be because it was in three bays instead of one building.

Seeing I just got my FFL I wanted to check out some pricing on various handguns and found prices to be on the high side. Even parts seemed high compared to my past experiences at the So Bend Gun Shows. Parts for a M1 Carbine I paid $10 for in 98' are now selling for up to $50; inflation is not that much.

I was looking for some 22 mag ammo and the stuff I found I could buy cheaper at Gander Mtn. I ended up with some protective end caps for a scope, a pair of sun glasses and a flashlight. Factoring in the $8 entrance fee and the $3 parking I paid a lot for with I got but had a good time window shopping. Overall good show but not a lot of deals for a gun show. Fun time.

Had a good time at the show today!
    Anyway...what did you guys bring home that you had to hide from the wife?? :D

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    I bought a few things... didn't like the show as much as I do the National Gun Day show in Louisville.

I did end up buying an m1 carbine mag, 2 mag pouches for the carbine, an L&R flintlock in perfect shape for $15, and a .50 cal ammo can. I was hoping to get an AR lower, but not much selection.

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    Went this morning and bought "only" a Glock t-shirt. Got there about 8:10 am and flew through everything. Handgun prices were just average other than I saw a good deal on some 1st gen Glocks on the south end for around $350

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I didn't take anything away but fun last evening. But my son picked up a Taurus Model 65 .357 Magnum revolver. Makes me want a wheel gun.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was there for BDE mags but instead got my stock assembly for my lower. Now I can put it together! :D

I found one mag that was for the CZ75 but I'm picky. It had the flat metal bottom and all mine have the polymer bottom. It fit though! So now I can look for CZ75 mags instead of paying $35 for BDE mags! :D :D

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    $5 AR mags in really good condition. All Adventure Line. Sold 12 of them to a guy in New York for $100.

I have been doing this just about every 1500 and its all Dons fault.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    What did everyone get at the 1500??

I met board member, Britton and his lovely wife on Friday and after engaging in fierce, protracted negotiations, I purchased a Golani .223 rifle (Galil clone) from him. :rockwoot:
    It was my first 1500 and I enjoyed myself and although I would have liked to have bought much more, I controlled myself. :dunno:

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    A winter trigger guard for AR but cant figure out how to change them out can anyone help me... I have a thread asking that question in gereral firearms section.

Top Bottom