• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Has someone you loved recently passed on to that great trap field in the sky? Is deer hunting with Grandpa one of your fondest childhood memories? Or would you just like a way to make sure your trusted Labrador can continue to help you bring in those ducks once he’s gone? If you’re struggling with how to appropriately memorialize that certain someone, the creative folks at Holy Smoke may have just the solution for you…

Holy Smoke will load the cremated remains of your special someone into live ammunition, either shotgun shells or cartridges. How and where you fire your loved one’s remains is up to you.

What Could Possibly Go Wrong: Cremated Ash Ammo | The Truth About Guns

[So who wants to go clay shooting next week with me and Uncle Bob and Uncle Bob and Uncle Bob and...]

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Has someone you loved recently passed on to that great trap field in the sky? Is deer hunting with Grandpa one of your fondest childhood memories? Or would you just like a way to make sure your trusted Labrador can continue to help you bring in those ducks once he’s gone? If you’re struggling with how to appropriately memorialize that certain someone, the creative folks at Holy Smoke may have just the solution for you…

Holy Smoke will load the cremated remains of your special someone into live ammunition, either shotgun shells or cartridges. How and where you fire your loved one’s remains is up to you.

What Could Possibly Go Wrong: Cremated Ash Ammo | The Truth About Guns

[So who wants to go clay shooting next week with me and Uncle Bob and Uncle Bob and Uncle Bob and...]

Brings new meaning to a 21 gun salute...............

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm at a complete loss for words.

rabbitjaw.jpg

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    That.. its kinda cool. I would do that with my bird dog, but not my grandpa.

ETA: I probably wouldn't shoot them. I would get the wooden box and put them on the shelf next to my bucks and hunting pics. That way she'd feel right at home.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    $1250 for 250 shotgun shells. $5 a shell. Better be some damn important things you're shooting at with those.

And to all the reloaders, do you think it would cost you $5 a shell to sprinkle a little ash in with the powder?

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Brings a whole new meaning to Unique powder.

You could just do it yourself. Add 2-5 grains of pa-pa's remains into your rifle loads to get more of a black powder cloud upon firing. Then everyone can breathe him into their lungs as the smoke and charred remains waft across the firing line.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    How do you know that they are actually putting "ash remains" into the shells/cartridges? The could just be making some "high quality" reloads, and selling them to you saying that they include ashes of your loved ones?

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    If your loved one's ashes are loaded in with the powder, doesn't that mean you'll be cleaning "grandpa" out of your barrel with a bore brush when you get home? Doesn't seem like a very nice thing to do to a loved one. But I like the idea of displaying them in your house.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I always thought it would be cool to have my ashes loaded in a few shells and be ceremoniously fired over some of my favorite duck hunting lakes, by my hunting buddies. I lost a good chocolate lab a couple of years ago and I put some of his ashes in a decoy that I carved, gadwall, his first real retrieve.

Now if you really want to do something cool, use the ashes in a dough ball and go catch a big stinkin carp with your mother in law:D

Top Bottom