10+1 with the short mag, 13+1 with the extension
    DSC00154.JPG

DSC00154.JPG.html

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Another vote for the XD 45 Compact. I love mine. I went out and bought the XD 40 subcompact based on how reliable and fun to shoot the 45 was. The 40 became my carry gun, and the 45 my nightstand gun. Not even the first jam with either of them, no matter what I feed it.

fw501

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    I have the XD 45 compact. 2 guns in 1. 10 round mag makes it a compact, 13 round mag makes it full size. 100% reliable! No function issues whatsoever. I highly recommend it. $500.00 or so. Shop around and good luck. Again, no disappointments with mine!:rockwoot:

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II. Never a single hiccup with hollow points or ball ammo. You might find a used one for close to 600, but you would have to look hard. I got a good deal on mine, 700 brand new for the stainless model, but I think they have went up in price since I got mine. With all the good things I have heard about RIA, I am thinking about one of those too!!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just bought a Kimber Ultra Carry II and already had a RIA Compact. Now that I have the Kimber, the RIA looks like an even better deal for the money. I have not had the Kimber out to the range yet, but I expect it to do well once I get to shoot it. At the moment though, the RIA has a better trigger than the Kimber but I imagine that's a break in issue. Some of the machine work on the RIA is a little nicer than it is on the Kimber too.

I've been carrying the Kimber around the house and it has a huge advantage over the RIA in terms of weight. It's about 10 ounces lighter and balances well in my holster. The Rock feels a bit top heavy in the holster due to the steel frame where as the Kimber does not. Once I get the Kimber broken in, I'll probably pimp the Rock a bit to bring it into line with the family handgun scheme of a silver slide and black frame.

KahrFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Speedway
    I carry a cw45...concealable, reliable, accurate. Every factory load has gone off without a hitch. I shot a bull's eye with the very first shot at 25'. You can't beat the double action trigger. I don't like the snap of a glock, or the bulk in the grip. The springfield XD in 40 has been one of the most accurate guns I have shot...the XD subcompact is good, but you get back to that bulky grip problem.

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    i know its not a .45.....but a pps in .40 is...imo...the best combo of concealability, versatility, shootability, and firepower. i put a houge grip on it and trimmed the bottom. its soooooo comfortable. 3 size mags for changing size/capacity. and i definatly DONT feel outgunned with it.

oh yeah.....and it field strips like a glock....ive heard

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    I have the XD 45 compact. 2 guns in 1. 10 round mag makes it a compact, 13 round mag makes it full size. 100% reliable! No function issues whatsoever. I highly recommend it. $500.00 or so. Shop around and good luck. Again, no disappointments with mine!:rockwoot:

I have one also. It replaced the 1911 as my carry. Great shooting, nice trigger. I would buy another.

Top Bottom