• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    im looking for a compact or even a subcompact .45, i dont want a saturday night special but i dont want to spend a fortune either, somewhere in the 250 to 600 range is where im looking primarily. thanks

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I carry a RIA Compact 1911 and love it. It's been a great gun and is both accurate and reliable. My son carries a Bersa 45UC and he is very happy with that one too. Either would make for a good choice. Which one suits you would depend on how you want to carry. For me, I like the 1911 because I like to carry in condition 1, with one round chambered, the hammer cocked and safety on. The Bersa is double action with a de-cocker, so it gets carried in condition two.

This is my first RIA and I'm impressed overall. I have not found anything to complain about with it at all. I put on a set of very thin grips and the gun conceals and carries very well. My son and I have more experience with the Bersa's as his represents the fifth one we have bought. I have 2 Bersa 380s and 2 Bersa 9mms and have found the larger Bersas to be excellent guns.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Kahr CW45, Glock 30/36

iagree.gif
    one of these would be my choice!

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    Kahr CW45 or Rock Island CW would be my choice.
    The Kahr is lighter and more expensive, The RIA is a 1911 style and less money. I have the Rock Island and has been flawless. I would go to a shop or show and check them both out.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    If your looking for a 1911 you can find used Kimber or Colt 3" or 4" barrel configuration for around the 600 mark.

If your looking for a polymer than the Springfield XD 45 compact makes a nice gun. It comes with a 4" barrel and a compact flush fitting 10 rd mag along with a 13 rd mag with a grip extension.

Glock 30's are nice.

Kahr CW45 is a nice single stack compact .45 that can be had NIB for around the 450 mark, but only come with 1 mag.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    ive got a 1911, had an XD in .45, i did not like it thats why im looking for a new one. im carrying my 1911 has my daily carry which is fine in the winter but in the summer itll be harder to conceal in my opinion. ill have to check out the Rock Island and the glock

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I carry a Taurus pt745 Millineum pro. Never had an issue and under $350.
    No way im going back to a Millineum pro again. I had a PT111 in 9mm, bought it new in box, thing jammed after 3 shots every time, bought new mags and different ammo, same thing happened, took it back to the shop i bought it from, owner took it out to his personal range after closing, done the same to him, sent it back to taurus under warranty, they claimed to fix it, got it back and it jammed after every shot. started stove piping. sent it back again, taurus claimed that it checked out fully, after much back and forth for a few months, they gave me my money back. Im never owning one again. Now ive got a taurus OSS and a taurus PT1911 both in .45 and never had a single jam or misfire with them.

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    For a compact .45 I'd go with:
    Glock 30/36
    S&W M&P45C
    Taurus Mil-Pro
    In that order. I like all three and am trying to decide which is my next buy.

Revopop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Evansville, the Shallow South
    I'll second the M&P. It is just a smidge smaller than a G19, but it seems to be just the right size for most people. It was a hair too short in the grip for my liking, so I went with a Colt CCO, but that would exceed your budget if you could find one.

If you're accustomed to the 1911 you may want to consider getting the thumb safety option. I got it on my full size M&P40 and I like it. My thumb goes right to the same place as when I shoot 1911s.

Top Bottom