• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Pepper spray is a very good option. I have been sprayed, I know how it works. Also maybe an expandable baton. We carried them, and they are great. She could fit it in a bigger purse, or in a pack. A knife can also come in handy.

Hookfish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I don't have a daughter, but I make sure my wife has something on her to protect her at university. I want to have a rally to change IU's policy of not allowing LTCH holders carry on campus!

I completely agree that IU should change their policy on this issue. As a LTCH holder, I seriously believe that I should be able to CC without worrying that I could be expelled from the university. When I first arrived at IUPUI a few years back, I was a student leader and sat in on a meeting where this policy was discussed. At that time there was a bill in the state senate that did not get passed that would take the right away from the college to decide if a LTCH student could CC. The Vice Chancellor of Student Life at the meeting stated that it was her belief that if any student was caught CC, despite possessing a LTCH, they would be expelled from the university. One student did ask knives, and she said that it is her belief that the only reason someone would carry a knife is that they intend to use it. Let me say I glad she has left they IUPUI and feel sorry for the university in PA that she is now president of.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    If she lives in a dorm I would say skip the sidearm even in a "single room" It is hard to secure a firearm in a communal living situation. I would second self defence (unarmed and improvised weapons) training. pepper spray is great but not a stand alone. That said I attended a university that banned firearms and I carried almost every minute I was their. The danger outweighed the risk. as a father I think you know your child best. You know your child's limits and skills. To those who say "oooo no never carry on campus you might get expelled" who cares! the university sure dosnt care about the safety of their students and dirty little secret, Universitys rule by fear. When sued most settle. I never worried about being expelled I worried about getting killed. Hell alot of schools want your money and as a parent I would rather my daughter was safe and attending Sally Struthers tv vcr repair academy than the latest rape or murder victim swept under the rug by big liberal U. Concealed just means really well concealed in those kind of environments.

Top Bottom