What Can a Glock Do That a 1911 or BHP Cannot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    pics plz?

MeltedGlock.jpg

Edit: Oops, not a Glock. Darn Google. Still, a tupperware gun is a tupperware gun!

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Since this silly thread is still going on.........I'll add another 2 cents for a total of 4....

People seem to generalize the "1911" Its not "A GUN" is a type of gun. The Glock is "A GUN" of the striker fired polymer type. There are a LOT of mfgs that put out a 1911 platform, there are also various mfgs that put out a striker fired (or very similar) polymer gun.

IMO this origianal question is NOT comparing on equal ground. There are plenty of quality 1911s out there that will take the abuse, dirt, muck, whatever and keep running, there are also 1911s from lesser mfgs that their best function is a paper weight. The EXACT same can be said for the polymer guns.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I like my FN because,

16 rounds of 45 acp
    it's a fighting pistol
    it's a competition pistol
    it's a home defense pistol
    hell I can even conceal with it

Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Its a good starter pistol because of the low maintenance and reliability. In fact if you want to learn more about guns you would buy something else so you can troubleshoot problems. Then after awhile you'll come back to a Glock realizing the grass is not always greener on the other side.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Its a good starter pistol because of the low maintenance and reliability. In fact if you want to learn more about guns you would buy something else so you can troubleshoot problems. Then after awhile you'll come back to a Glock realizing the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Yes, because glocks are the only reliable handguns on the planet. :rolleyes:

GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN

It would only be a good "starter pistol" if you put blanks in it.:D

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I would say this point has been made but I have both and after putting a few rounds downrange a week ago through both of them back to back I can honestly say that while my full size colt 1911 is definitely the " Cooler " of the two, I find I can put more rounds downrange in a shorter amount of time with my G22. My accuracy is similar with both although I feel that the increased mag capacity of the G22 might edge out the 1911 for overall effectiveness vs multiple targets. I usually carry my G22 with 1 spare mag giving me 30 rounds total whereas I carry 2 spare mags with the 1911 giving me 21 rounds total because I prefer not to chamber a round and load another into the mag on the 1911. In addition to the higher capacity, the glock with extra mag is lighter than the 1911+2 mags which makes me more likely to carry the G22 all the time when I'm out and about and I'm sure we can all agree than any firearm that's ready for action by your side always performs better than the one you leave at home.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom