• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Well we carried 92FS's with three fifteen round mags. One in the gun, and two on our belt. We also carried fmj's which I did not agree with. Finaly the Department of Homeland Security wised up, and switched to a .40 using jhp's. My XD .40 which is my main carry gun, has twelve round mags. Around town I only carry what's in my gun. Now if I lived in Indy, or Gary, etc. Then I would carry one extra mag with me. Or if things around here got worse with the economy. I was not trying to start an argument by the way. I did read what he wrote. I just feel like capacity does not always count for a good outcome, in an armed conflict. In terms of every day civilian life. I do agree that the whole one shot drop is a mythe in most cases. On the other hand 2-3 shots center mass, or even in the stomach is going to stop probably 99% of people. There is always that one exception. And thanks for saying thank you for my service. :patriot:

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    I carry a Sig P220 with an extra mag in both front pockets, 45 can be expensive to practice with so I bought a 22lr conversion kit for it and couldn't be happier. I can put 3-400 22's down range and work on those oft over looked four fundamentals and finish up with 100-150 230gr FMJ's for the rest. Not perfect but its a solution that works for me.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I carry a Sig P220 with an extra mag in both front pockets, 45 can be expensive to practice with so I bought a 22lr conversion kit for it and couldn't be happier. I can put 3-400 22's down range and work on those oft over looked four fundamentals and finish up with 100-150 230gr FMJ's for the rest. Not perfect but its a solution that works for me.

The more you can practice the better. Even if it is with a .22. At least you are getting a feel for your weapon. The more you practice, the better you will perform under stress :yesway:

Top Bottom