• Arrow Brand of Choice

• Total voters

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    What kind shooting do you do? For a hunting arrow I have yet to find anything I like better than Easton Full Metal Jackets (FMJ's).

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    I have always shot Easton aluminum until last year and i finally jumped on the carbon train with some Easton axis and have no complaints.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Someone recommended Easton FMJ to me today. I took a look at some and fit and finish are nicer than my gold tips. I also like the blazer vanes vs flimsy vanetecs.

Is the advantage of smaller diameter arrow simply penetration?

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Better penetration, and less influence from cross winds...

What rest are you using? Blazers/vanes and whisker biscuits aren't the best combo, but fine off prongs or a drop away.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    If you decide to go with Blazers. One day when I was bored at the shop we fletched up a dozen arrows with blazers using the helical jig. We were pleased with their performance. If I were going to us Blazers, that is how I would have them fletched... That being said my rig is hunting first, target/3D second. I use a whisker biscuit and offset feathers with my FMJ's.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    If you decide to go with Blazers. One day when I was bored at the shop we fletched up a dozen arrows with blazers using the helical jig. We were pleased with their performance. If I were going to us Blazers, that is how I would have them fletched... That being said my rig is hunting first, target/3D second. I use a whisker biscuit and offset feathers with my FMJ's.

What shop do you work at?

How about weight? I shoot 27 inch mauler at 62lbs. Would the 400 FMJ be the right one for me.

Top Bottom