• Total voters

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I used Easton for many years. Switched to Carbon express in 2010. Nothing against Easton, just happened to get a good buy on Carbon Express. Still shooting the same Carbon Express arrows. Very happy with them, although the doe I took with one in 2010 may have had a different opinion. :)

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    What shop do you work at?

How about weight? I shoot 27 inch mauler at 62lbs. Would the 400 FMJ be the right one for me.

Measure your arrow from the throat of the nock to the insert. That length plus your broad head/field point weight, along with your draw weight is what is used to determine spine. Using a 27" or 28" with a 100grn head at 62 lbs, a 400 should be just fine!

I used to work at The Outdoorsman prior to kids entering the family dynamics.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Measure your arrow from the throat of the nock to the insert. That length plus your broad head/field point weight, along with your draw weight is what is used to determine spine. Using a 27" or 28" with a 100grn head at 62 lbs, a 400 should be just fine!

I used to work at The Outdoorsman prior to kids entering the family dynamics.

Thanks for the info. That makes me def feel better that i was going to pick the right ones before i drop 60.00. With Gold Tips it was easy at 55/75.

I should get over to OUtdoorsman and look at what they got.

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    I started with Easton aluminum then went to carbon, and have returned back to Easton aluminum. I try to shoot a heavy flat flying arrow.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    They have alot of good stuff, and a 30yd range.

Thanks for all the input. Slightly frustrated today. Have a new bear mauler and on top of it am attempting to install my ripcord on it myself. At 15 yards today I was trying to perform the initial phase of quick tuning and was left, then right, then left.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I'm shooting GT expidetion "hunter". I've been trying several different brands for the last few yrs, these have been the best for me so far.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I was all set to get some of these today, but wow they are pricy! Going to have to wait a while for those. They really do seem nice though.

Yeah I haven't bought any for a few years. Need to get some more, and not looking forward to seeing how much they've gone up.

Top Bottom