• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I got an old Schrade lockback knife from my Grandfather. He said he bought it 25 years ago and just now pulled it back out of the safe. It's VERY heavy. It's a classic style with brass ends and deep tone wood in the middle.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    SOG Trident with the tanto blade! The handle seems cheap compared to my Kershaw "Needs Work" but I still love it! I don't know that the "safety" feature on this knife will make it much of a self defense knife, unless I just ignore that particular feature.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I got an old Schrade lockback knife from my Grandfather. He said he bought it 25 years ago and just now pulled it back out of the safe. It's VERY heavy. It's a classic style with brass ends and deep tone wood in the middle.

That would be the Schrade LB-7, one of the best copies of the Buck 110 ever. They are no longer available new!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I got the Leatherman Super Tool 300 I've been wanting. Overall it's a brute, but I notice the knife blade are thinner gauge than older models (which was also true about another large Leatherman tool I got earlier this year). On the bright side, it means the edges are thinner, so they slice better.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I got in on the Christmas sale from Cold Steel and got three Bushman's for $30.00! Plus a Kudu as a free gift.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    That would be the Schrade LB-7, one of the best copies of the Buck 110 ever. They are no longer available new!

Thanks rhino! I hadn't yet tried to locate any info on it, but it appears you are correct.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks rhino! I hadn't yet tried to locate any info on it, but it appears you are correct.

I got mine when I was in high school, probably around 1981 or so. It was my faithful companion for years until my dad got me my first genuine Buck (a model 422 Bucklite). I still have my LB-7 and it holds an important place in my collection!

There was also a version under the Schrade Old Timer brand that had the same form, but a carbon steel blade (probably 1095) and delrin scales instead of the wood. Naturally I have one of those too! BWA-HAHAHA!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i will post picks of mine once it gets here. dad ordered it for me but it didn't make it in time for christmas. ohhh well i still can't wait. its a first born blade edc fixed blade w/ a awesome micarta handle and beautiful blade design. i believe its 01 steel.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I got a Spyderco Caly 3 w/ carbon fiber grip, plain edge, and ZDP-189 blade! My first Spyderco, and I think its a keeper! :)

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    M1911 Knife from Ultimate Equipment.

Kimbercamper001.jpg

Last edited:

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    Not exactly as asked but I spent more than 6 hours christmas eve. repairing a kinfe that was given to me by my motherin law after my father in law passed a month and a half ago.
    It's a Cammilus that I believe was once part of issued equipment by my father in law when he was a naval photographer.
    It had the pommel ( top bolt looking thing) broke off. I bought another donor knife on Ebay and cut, chopped then welded and ground it back into a servicable piece.
    No it's not to fake a Korean issue Cammilus but to at least give it a useful life again and it belonger to my father in law. Some day I'll give it to my daughters family, If not I feel good about my little project anyway.
    Happy Boxing day

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I got a mike snody custom menace...in the mail and 600 skull beads for lanyard making and a bunch of 1" and 3/4" ball bearings for monkey fists.

SNC00089.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom