• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    God put it there and God will take it away!

God helps those what helps themselves. I'd like to help myself to one of those Kubotas/Gators, etc..

Mr Plowman just showed up. I tried to shovel yesterday, push it 3 ft and no more. Gave up.....Long driveway. Shovelled the earlier storm tho. Light snow. Not this..Helps to not have to go to work. Guess I'll get out and salt whilst the dogs run free. I'll be wearin' a balaclava so don't shoot me.....

Last edited:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    how to take care of a snow covered driveway easily

step 1: start your jeep
    step 2: put jeep in "D"
    step 3: skinny pedal
    i might have been able to push through with some 33's, but not a stock 1/2 ton, it was starting to lift the rear axle as I was backing up to just make tracks, no way a car would make it through so I had to shovel it anyway.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I have a ZTR with a blade. When the snow is "dry", the blade does a great job. When it's wet, it packs pretty hard and when there's ice, I don't have enough weight/traction in the back end to get it all done.

Instead of fighting it for an hour + today, I'm paying someone with a blower to finish the rest of the driveway in these temps.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Toro 5 hp single stage does a good job. It will throw the snow across the street into my neighbors driveway if I'm not careful. I like my neighbors so I make sure to not throw it their way. I does tick me off when I get the driveway cleaned and even clean the street cleared in front of the driveway to make turning in easier and the County snow plow comes right behind me and throws it back in the drive :xmad:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    After plowman came I did a bit of trim shoveling. Then I got out the 2 mil mold plastic 20 yr old K-Mart sled and ran the 175' driveway holding the panicky golden in my lap. JUst enough slick to make it into a snow bank, then eventually all the way down. Hopefully now I'll be able to pick my returning (stuck in Houston) daughter up at the airport.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I hand shoveled a path to the barn so I could get to the tractor and move the stuff off the drive. It had blown enough that it didn't need removed. Anything left I'm just going to wait out. I figure the longer I wait the better the chances this stuff will eventually melt. Until then, me and my old Jeep are content staying where it's warm.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    Same tactic with my lifted and locked Super Duty. Then I go back and forth to smash all the snow.

BTW... I pulled a Jeep out of a snowy ditch yesterday...

:D most stuck jeeps are driver error.

i've put mine through plowed-up snow drifts taller than my hood. just make sure there are no cars/people coming, and power power power! :D

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Me and my dad shoveled twice yesterday, once around 3 and then late around 10-11. Didn't even need to do anything to get out. I did have to pull my dad's Ranger home after he got stuck in the middle of the road about 3/4 of a mile from the house, and then take him to work. Pulled a snowmobile out of a ditch this afternoon too. Roads aren't terrible here now, but the north-south roads are drifting quick.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Had to go out this afternoon after it warmed up, (to a balmy -12 with a frickin' wind chill of Oh Crap!). It was like I hadn't even done anything yesterday at the end of the drive. Had a 2' or better drift/berm from the plowers. My Huskee managed to bear through it, though. Not bad for a 5.5HP Tecumseh. I'm done with now. All my extremities were hurting when I got back inside. Not wanting to do that agin till it really warms up.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    After works several hours out in the snow today I'm finally ready to get some good cold weather stuff. While actually 'working' I was fine, but boy, if you stand still for like 15 seconds or so, you get COLD.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    As of 5:30, a plow hasn't touched my road. I'll probably get up extra early in the morning. If it isn't cleaned up nicely, I'll go right back to bed. I've got vacation time and or attendance points to burn up. If it isn't plowed tomorrow, I'll try busting the road open with the tractor and gator.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    As of 5:30, a plow hasn't touched my road. I'll probably get up extra early in the morning. If it isn't cleaned up nicely, I'll go right back to bed. I've got vacation time and or attendance points to burn up. If it isn't plowed tomorrow, I'll try busting the road open with the tractor and gator.

Don't you love your cheap property taxes now? :):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom