• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I am shooting one more match this Season. However, I'm posting my goals for 2012. If I write them out, I may hold myself more accountable.

1. Lose Weight!!! I gained 40 lbs during the season. I will be spending the next 4 months losing it. Trainer already procured.

2. Dry Fire, Dry Fire, Dry Fire! 3-4 times per week fro 10-15 minutes at a time. Goal is to drop .4 to .7 consistently from the draw. 1.7 - 2.0 seconds is way to SLOW.

3. Practice Mag changes! FACEBOX!!!:xmad:. Again 3-4 times per week with dry fire.

4. Live fire 1 time per week weather permitting. With shortening days, this will probably be done on Saturday or Sundays. Plan on getting some Bobcat Steel. I will finally work on the Manny Bragg drills that I have

5. Watch Videos of other shooters daily. I need to work on movement with a purpose. With the trainer, we have already been working a little with footwork.

Well, that is all I can think of at the moment. I'll add as they come to me.:ingo:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I really want to make Expert in IDPA shooting CDP Class. The last 2 times we shot a classifier I missed it b just few points.

Spend much more working on my shotgun skills and start saving for a nice quality AR

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I want to shoot at a Project Appleseed and earn my Rifleman's patch. I want to go so badly, but always find an excuse to put if off. 2012 is the year.

I would also like to take a defensive handgun class. I'm confident in my ability. but have never taken a formal course.

I would lastly like to make some shooting friends in Indy. I'm so wrapped up in my work I don't make time for myself.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I want to shoot at a Project Appleseed and earn my Rifleman's patch. I want to go so badly, but always find an excuse to put if off. 2012 is the year.

I'm going to try to squeeze one in next year as well.

I would also like to take a defensive handgun class. I'm confident in my ability. but have never taken a formal course.

Absolutely a must! There are several reputable instructors around.

I would lastly like to make some shooting friends in Indy. I'm so wrapped up in my work I don't make time for myself.

There are several of us around

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Nice goals downrange, can I just copy yours?
    But add one more: work a few extra hours on the side to get mo ammo money so the wife don't have a cow.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My goals by priority:

1. Make a cold bore shot at 1000 yards right where I want it to go. I've been shooting long range for years now and while I've hit at 1000 its never been on the first shot.

2. I'd like to try competing at a Camp Perry type of competition with my rifle.

3. I'd like to try a pistol competition.

Basically I just want to compare myself to other shooters and see where I stand.

A bonus would be shooting a big buck on my own land with my 44 mag rifle.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Goal - enabling goal(s)

1. Draw to A @7yds under 1 sec. (.4 to go) - Dry fire 4-5x week
    2. Sub 2.0 Bill drill. (.5 to go) - Dry fire, splits are there, draw isn't. 4-5x week
    3. Draw>A > reload >A at 7 under 2.8 sec. - Dry fire 4-5x week
    4. See sights, call shots more consistently - Live fire 1x week, timing drills.
    5. Shoot a clean match - do 1-4, forget about speed and shoot the sights
    6. Do a high power service rifle match - buy rifle, go to match
    7. Do a 3-gun match - buy rifle and shotgun, go to match
    8. Get the wife out to a Steel match (she's gonna be pissed about the dough I spent on Super Buck Mark, but its for her, really :laugh: ) - no freakin' clue.

Ineverfollow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Madison County
    My goal is to shoot a perfect 240. I shot a 231 which is still expert but I would like to put up a great score. I need to practice mag changes because I am not even close to feeling smooth.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Goal - enabling goal(s)

5. Shoot a clean match - do 1-4, forget about speed and shoot the sights

Even I've done this 3 times this year...:D

It will slow you down some, but it does help in the overall scheme.

My natural tendency is to want to go fast. Racing guns is my substitute for racing motorcycles, and even with those my philosophy was "win it or bin it" :laugh:

It's tough to overcome that deep seated speed focus. I'll get there.

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    2012 My sons goals and mine are very similar. We both want to
    learn to shoot a small bore pistol better,

1. Do well in Steel Challenge and Friday night steel with "pistol"
    2. Pending if 1 gets achieved then move to a 9mm or bigger
    learn to shoot it then " attempt a USPSA event.

In need of training!!!!!!!

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I want to make every Indiana Multigun match and finish at least in the top 20% consistantly. I just turned 51 so going up against the younger, faster guys with better eyes I dont think thats out of reach with some effort on my part. I think I actually did that in '11.

I want to shoot the RockCastle ProAm and do well enough that I feel good about where I finish.
    Id like to make the KY state again. I hope either its a 2 day or not one of the hotest days on record again. I never checked my score and almost quit due to the heat and fatigue.

Id like to shoot with guys that help make it a fun time as it was pretty much all of '11.

I hope to get Jake into multigun but only till he beats me then I "fix" his stuff. And I hope he wears the Chaps.

Same for Bill. I know he has a new shotgun and a good to go rifle so I dont have to loan him stuff that he will beat me with like Jake has in the past. Bill can skip the chaps. Just sext me.

Pretty much more of the same as '11.

Plus have the time to shoot a few more USPSA matches.

GlockFox

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Naptown
    Being a new member I want to go to as many INGO events as I can. I hope to do some competing in IDPA as well.
    Non-shooting related I want to gain 30 pounds and go from 175 to 205. Probably get some slack for this one.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Being a new member I want to go to as many INGO events as I can. I hope to do some competing in IDPA as well.
    Non-shooting related I want to gain 30 pounds and go from 175 to 205. Probably get some slack for this one.

Gain weight? You know you just made most of us fat guys hate you :D

Top Bottom