What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I've been watching Joe Pickett Season 2 on Paramount+. Like most books to TV series - not as good as the book series. Taking it at face value, though its sort of entertaining.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I've been watching Joe Pickett Season 2 on Paramount+. Like most books to TV series - not as good as the book series. Taking it at face value, though its sort of entertaining.
    Big fan of the books but couldn't make it two episodes. Sooooo cheap looking.

It's hard to do that show without Yellowstone levels of location shooting.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Big fan of the books but couldn't make it two episodes. Sooooo cheap looking.

It's hard to do that show without Yellowstone levels of location shooting.
    I'm not sure what they were thinking/doing early on (especially the CGI "elk" in the first scene) but quality seems to increase as the season progresses.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    We watched Extraction2 last night. It was kind of entertaining, but there was a lot of stupid :poop: in it.
    I found both movies to be adequate for killing time on an airplane: entertaining, but nothing to write home about.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm taking things back a few years with this one: during my most recent trip, I started watching Suits. There are something like 10 seasons, so it should keep my travel time occupied for a while.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'm not sure what they were thinking/doing early on (especially the CGI "elk" in the first scene) but quality seems to increase as the season progresses.
    Yeah, the CGI was pretty cheesy. And the way Joe wore his hat in Season one - he looked like a complete dweeb. The Joe in the books would never wear his hat like that! At least it looks a little better in Season 2. I think hte hat is the thing I hate most about Season 1. Oh, and how they have to be Hollywood woke with some of the characters. I'd never make it as a Hollywood casting director - If the character is described as tall blond and with a ponytail, I couldn't cast a black with an Afro in that role. Not racist, just true to the description.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Jack Ryan Season 4: Episode 1. Watching it now. Again, they are using too much dark - many scenes you can't even see the actors or sets. I don't know why they think this is a good technique.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I'm taking things back a few years with this one: during my most recent trip, I started watching Suits. There are something like 10 seasons, so it should keep my travel time occupied for a while.
    We started watching Suits last week too. Working for lawyers I like it, see similar personalities in my office sometimes. My wife sucks at binging so with 10 seasons its going to take a while.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We started watching Suits last week too. Working for lawyers I like it, see similar personalities in my office sometimes. My wife sucks at binging so with 10 seasons its going to take a while.
    My wife doesn’t binge well either,lol. We made it through but probably the last three seasons were subpar. They strayed too much from the original premise. But by then you are so vested in the characters that you will want to go the distance. We both thought it was a good series.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Jack Ryan Season 4: Episode 1. Watching it now. Again, they are using too much dark - many scenes you can't even see the actors or sets. I don't know why they think this is a good technique.
    Thanks for the heads up! I absolutely HATE movies and shows that do that! That’s the main reason I quit watching Walking Dead several seasons ago, that and two thirds of the dialogue was a whisper/mumble. Old time radio shows were more entertaining.

Top Bottom