What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Netflix also has a good movie out. Can’t recall the whole title bu it’s Guernsey something something. WW2 Channel Islands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'm trying to watch it but Netflix is not loading on the Amazon Fire box at the moment. I am resetting it!

I have to reboot my router to get my smart tv online. Way too frequently for my liking!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I just had to restart the box. It seems to happen more after hubby has been watching You Tube stuff.

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    I have to reboot my router to get my smart tv online. Way too frequently for my liking!

Try running a wire from your smart TV to your router as a test. WIFI runs HALF DUPLEX and WIRED is FULL DUPLEX. I bought a smart TV last week and there's no way I can use onboard apps for Netflix, Hulu, or Prime. They all drop my online speed by half if run a internet speed checker on my pc as I'm trying to stream a movie. I deleted the smart tv entry from my router and installed my old wifi Ruku. I now can watch movies on my pc and new TV and theres no loss of internet speed. The SMART TV's send a lot of data upstream as well as downstream and I'm thinking it requires more bandwidth than I have to run smart. At least using wifi.

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Try running a wire from your smart TV to your router as a test. WIFI runs HALF DUPLEX and WIRED is FULL DUPLEX. I bought a smart TV last week and there's no way I can use onboard apps for Netflix, Hulu, or Prime. They all drop my online speed by half if run a internet speed checker on my pc as I'm trying to stream a movie. I deleted the smart tv entry from my router and installed my old wifi Ruku. I now can watch movies on my pc and new TV and theres no loss of internet speed. The SMART TV's send a lot of data upstream as well as downstream and I'm thinking it requires more bandwidth than I have to run smart. At least using wifi.

Good idea, but not really practical. Router and TV are in different rooms at different end of the house. (At least they are on the same floor!)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good flick.....

eSMaibK.jpg

I've watched that guy die 100's of times. Michael Mann's Last of the Mohicans...

[video=youtube;yB1--SnpvSo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB1--SnpvSo[/video]
    watch

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I see Blacklist has a new season that was released. Just finished the second season of Ozark.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm considering replacing Netflix with an app a friend recommended called Terrarium but haven't downloaded it yet to check it out. I believe it is free and she says it has tons of movies and tv shows.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Well, it’s HULU, so not Netflix or Prime...

But I’ve been watching Safe Harbour. It’s a 4 episode Australian production. Pretty good show.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom