What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Jesse Stone.

Just divorced alcoholic detective who lost his job in LAPD For drinking on the job gets hired as a police chief of four-man Police force in a small town on coast of Massachusetts. This is a small town where nothing ever happens and the police chief just hands out parking tickets Until Tom Selleck gets on scene, whereupon drug gangs, money laundering, Homicides, and serial killers spring out of the woodwork and the police chief gets to shoot somebody every episode. Also usually gets to plonk some hot babe.

But it’s well done, some interesting plot lines, and it’s Tom Selleck packing a 1911.

Warning: there is a specific order to the episodes if you want to make sense of the long-term plot lines , but they don’t number the episodes so it’s hard to figure out just by the title.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I finally watched Gran Torino last night on Netflix. It's been on my watch list for months now. Of course Clint Eastwood was awesome in it.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Jesse Stone.

Just divorced alcoholic detective who lost his job in LAPD For drinking on the job gets hired as a police chief of four-man Police force in a small town on coast of Massachusetts. This is a small town where nothing ever happens and the police chief just hands out parking tickets Until Tom Selleck gets on scene, whereupon drug gangs, money laundering, Homicides, and serial killers spring out of the woodwork and the police chief gets to shoot somebody every episode. Also usually gets to plonk some hot babe.

But it’s well done, some interesting plot lines, and it’s Tom Selleck packing a 1911.

Warning: there is a specific order to the episodes if you want to make sense of the long-term plot lines , but they don’t number the episodes so it’s hard to figure out just by the title.

The wife and I have watch them all. Outstanding work.

In order.
    1. Stone cold.........................2005
    2. Night Passage....................2006
    3. Death in Paradise...............2006
    4. Sea Change........................2007
    5. Thin Ice..............................2009
    6. No Remorse........................2010
    7. Innocents Lost.....................2011
    8. Benefit of the doubt.............2012
    9. Lost in Paradise...................2015

Town council: "We can fire you."

Jessie: "I know, but you can't tell me what to do. "

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    The wife and I have watch them all. Outstanding work.

In order.
    1. Stone cold.........................2005
    2. Night Passage....................2006
    3. Death in Paradise...............2006
    4. Sea Change........................2007
    5. Thin Ice..............................2009
    6. No Remorse........................2010
    7. Innocents Lost.....................2011
    8. Benefit of the doubt.............2012
    9. Lost in Paradise...................2015

Town council: "We can fire you."

Jessie: "I know, but you can't tell me what to do. "

Maybe another being worked on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Here’s my overall take on the series, Jack RYAN. No spoilers.

They use Clancy’s names but they aren’t Clancy’s characters. I don’t see any real ties to his book series except the names and some pre-story. That doesn’t make it bad. It just requires us to divorce from what we “know” from the books.

I enjoyed the season for what it was/is. A reasonably well done action show.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Here’s my overall take on the series, Jack RYAN. No spoilers.

They use Clancy’s names but they aren’t Clancy’s characters. I don’t see any real ties to his book series except the names and some pre-story. That doesn’t make it bad. It just requires us to divorce from what we “know” from the books.

I enjoyed the season for what it was/is. A reasonably well done action show.

I'm safe, then! I've never read one of his books. Ever since he called me an "arrogant young punk" GEnie back in 1987 or 1988 and said that people like me would be working for people like him (implying as a servant) someday, my interest in his work . . . diminished.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'm safe, then! I've never read one of his books. Ever since he called me an "arrogant young punk" GEnie back in 1987 or 1988 and said that people like me would be working for people like him (implying as a servant) someday, my interest in his work . . . diminished.

Well his current works aren’t by him anymore. You do realize Clancy died some years back?

I got hooked on Hunt when it first came out. Was in a club that was doing some computer based miniature modern naval war games so it was a fascinating read.

From there I’ve pretty much read all his stuff including the post Mortem stuff. Truly ghost-written! I think there was one series of books (Op Center?) that had his name on them but struck me as pure trash. Never read them.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well his current works aren’t by him anymore. You do realize Clancy died some years back?

I got hooked on Hunt when it first came out. Was in a club that was doing some computer based miniature modern naval war games so it was a fascinating read.

From there I’ve pretty much read all his stuff including the post Mortem stuff. Truly ghost-written! I think there was one series of books (Op Center?) that had his name on them but struck me as pure trash. Never read them.

Yeah, I knew that he died. I just couldn't resist sharing my "Tom Clancy called me an arrogant young punk" story again!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom