What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Don’t be dissing Longmire!

Not "dissing" it. But being a gun guy, the mistakes really stick out.

Guy opens a double barrel coach gun.........and it sounds like a pump action.

Walt fires his 1911 in the air. Hammer is down afterwards.

I like the show, don't get me wrong, I guess John Wick spoiled me.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

You've described 95 percent of Hollywood

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Yeah, John Wick spoiled a lot of movies and shows.

I’m anxious for the new one.

jaymark6655

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Bloomington
    For Netflix, currently watching Blacklist. Some of my favorites are Turn (have watched it twice, best was watching it with a Ranger, he was thrilled about Robert Rogers), Hell on Wheels, and MeatEater. About the only thing I watch on Prime is Grand Tour, new episode just came out.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

I like the show a lot, but the entire thing is a firearms and tactics nightmare.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't get how John Wick is realistic? I had to turn it off because it was billed as realistic and was,... well disappointing.

That said, I can get by the hollywood gun handling if the acting and plot is good.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I don't get how John Wick is realistic? I had to turn it off because it was billed as realistic and was,... well disappointing.

That said, I can get by the hollywood gun handling if the acting and plot is good.

I guess I would say the the realistic part is the gun stuff. You know like magazines that actually run dry, correct sounds, finger off the trigger when not in use (mostly) etc.

The whole 5 shots into 5 knee caps at distance like Max Michelle on a plate rack, not so much.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I guess I would say the the realistic part is the gun stuff. You know like magazines that actually run dry, correct sounds, finger off the trigger when not in use (mostly) etc.

The whole 5 shots into 5 knee caps at distance like Max Michelle on a plate rack, not so much.

Please don't take me wrong. I know a lot of folks live for the John Wick stuff.

I tried to watch the second movie, but I gave it up when Wick was press checking after every reload while still in a gunfight. Combined with all the behind the back shots that landed and all the armed bad guys just running up to get shot? Ehhh???

Again, I watch and enjoy plenty of stuff with hollywood gun handling that is no where near actual. I'd expect more realism out of a Taran Butler affiliated movie though.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I watched Blood & Treasure on Prime the other night. It's a campy combination of Indiana Jones and National Treasure, but not as good as either. I'm a big fan of that genre of film, so I found it more entertaining than I probably should have.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I watched Blood & Treasure on Prime the other night. It's a campy combination of Indiana Jones and National Treasure, but not as good as either. I'm a big fan of that genre of film, so I found it more entertaining than I probably should have.

Is that a series? If so, I think Ive seen several episodes of it. And not too bad as I recall

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Started Mr. Iglesias this afternoon. It's comedian Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias as a teacher. Pretty good.

Also watched "Midnight Sky" with George Clooney. Man that was depressing. Wish I hadn't watched it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Started Mr. Iglesias this afternoon. It's comedian Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias as a teacher. Pretty good.

Also watched "Midnight Sky" with George Clooney. Man that was depressing. Wish I hadn't watched it.

I tried "Midnight Sky" out last night & wondered why: lost interest in it before done & moved on.
    Didn't even know Clooney was the old man until started talking & I thought I'd give it more time to liven up: didn't happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom