What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    th

Ha, I actually watched this too the other day.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :+1: Wife and I started this this one last night. Very well done and family friendly for the most part.
    Nobody getting killed or nekkid! Surprisingly I think it's pretty good. :cool:

I really liked Away. I thought it was very well made, but it’s totally a rip off of Mars, which IMHO is the better show/docufilm.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm two episodes in which is basically an adaptation of the first 20 minutes of the original movie. Again without spoilers, does it get better? Does Lawrence straighten up? Does Larusso invest in Cobra Kai?

I don't know. I know that I'm having a hard time finding something that my wife can enjoy and I like.

We did good at first with Netflix; Friends, Blue Bloods, NCIS, Madam Secretary. We liked all of those. But so far everything else is meh.

I had only initially watched the first episode when it first came out but then went back to it and ended up thinking it was pretty good, now i'm waiting for season 3.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I'm about to start season 2 of The Boys on Amazon Prime. I greatly enjoyed season 1, so we'll see how this one goes.
    If you enjoy the show and plan on watching the second season, do yourself a favor and *do NOT* watch the little special in which cast members and the "showrunner" are interviewed. Ruined the show for me, and saved me from starting season 2. By the way, wtf is a "showrunner"?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Viewed One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest before starting the new Netflix series Ratched. Evil and entertaining so far with some interesting twist.

Being married to a nurse I need to learn all their evil nursey tricks.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    If you enjoy the show and plan on watching the second season, do yourself a favor and *do NOT* watch the little special in which cast members and the "showrunner" are interviewed. Ruined the show for me, and saved me from starting season 2. By the way, wtf is a "showrunner"?

Did they ruin it with a bunch of spoilers?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Did they ruin it with a bunch of spoilers?
    Not so much that. It was just their drawing of what they see as "parallels" with today's evil Corporate America and, in their words, its megalomaniacal leader.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    By the way, wtf is a "showrunner"?
    Think of them like a director of directors. Some series' will have different directors for each episode, letting them add some of their own flair to their episode. The showrunner's job is to make sure it all stays cohesive. Does that make sense?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Not so much that. It was just their drawing of what they see as "parallels" with today's evil Corporate America and, in their words, its megalomaniacal leader.

That's pretty much what I figured... I guess nobody bothered to tell them that their bossman is the biggest corporate evil that has ever existed. He's eclipsed Bill Gates' net worth by 20% now and he's approaching double the wealth of Warren Buffet... and that's after the ex-wife he cheated on took ~$50 billion out of his pocket.

Anyhow... I had to make my peace with 99% of Hollywood being gigantic scumbags about 15 years ago. I do my best to give them as little money as possible and I find with each passing year I'm less and less interested in what they're producing anyhow. I also long ago learned not to watch any such interviews or bonus features. Not that any of those people are "heroes", but you absolutely don't want to "meet" most of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom