What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Decided to give Netflix a try ;) and I'm now about five episodes into In The Dark. Liking it so far. I also watched the first episode of OITNB and think I'll keep on with that one also.

Tried to get through the first episode of Shameless and just couldn't.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Tried to get through the first episode of Shameless and just couldn't.

There is not a single two minute stretch of that show I could watch with my mother. I don't know of anything my obscene or profane on television. Plus, it just seems like shock for the point of being shocking. There doesn't seem to be a point or message.

My wife has been watching it non-stop, and it's a serious point of contention in our marriage now.

In other news, I watched The Death of Stalin which was delightful. So many top notch actors having fun.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    There is not a single two minute stretch of that show I could watch with my mother. I don't know of anything my obscene or profane on television. Plus, it just seems like shock for the point of being shocking. There doesn't seem to be a point or message.
    Exactly. That was my impression also.

Most of the TV watching is done by me with my mom. She is very sensitive to sex scenes and profanity, so that does eliminate a lot of possibilities. Now that I'm hooked on OITNB, I see I'm going to have to find time to watch it on my own. The shower scene in the first episode would have been WAY more than she could handle.

My wife has been watching it non-stop, and it's a serious point of contention in our marriage now.
    Purple, I hope? Interesting. I would have thought Shameless would be more of a guy thing, like Jackass and fart jokes. I'm no prude, and it's definitely not for me, just because like you said, it's pointless.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Exactly. That was my impression also.

Most of the TV watching is done by me with my mom. She is very sensitive to sex scenes and profanity, so that does eliminate a lot of possibilities. Now that I'm hooked on OITNB, I see I'm going to have to find time to watch it on my own. The shower scene in the first episode would have been WAY more than she could handle.

Shower scene? Is it in a women's prison? And which episode?

Asking for coworker.

Purple, I hope? Interesting. I would have thought Shameless would be more of a guy thing, like Jackass and fart jokes. I'm no prude, and it's definitely not for me, just because like you said, it's pointless.
    Purple? No, no! She watches the worst slop that Netflix can dump into the feed trough.

"I work hard during the day, and I want to veg out and watch something mindless." :rolleyes:

C'est la vie, just don't complain when I can't stand to be in the room with some hookup roulette reality show on the TV.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Shower scene? Is it in a women's prison? And which episode?

Yes, in a women's prison. Season 1 episode 1 is all I've seen so far.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I don't think a show has to have a "point or message" to be entertaining, but you could say Shameless makes a pretty good point that the family wallows in filth and poverty because of bad decision making.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't think a show has to have a "point or message" to be entertaining, but you could say Shameless makes a pretty good point that the family wallows in filth and poverty because of bad decision making.

Who said Hollywood doesn't promote conservative values?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's actually an adaptation of a British show lol. They might be more to the left politically but they don't put up with the leftist social bullying that we do. If you're a lazy POS an average Englishman will say it without fear of being called ableist or whatever.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's actually an adaptation of a British show lol. They might be more to the left politically but they don't put up with the leftist social bullying that we do. If you're a lazy POS an average Englishman will say it without fear of being called ableist or whatever.

Yeah, my wife tried that same tact - "It's based on a British show.You love British shows!"

Still a "no" from me. I'll stick to Father Ted or Father Brown.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Ricky Gervais , Afterlife on Netflix (huge warning for language) is excellent British comedy. If you're not familiar with Ricky he wrote and starred in the British "Office" that was adapted to the U.S. Here's a bit of his comedy style. If you don't enjoy this don't watch the Afterlife.

<span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Roboto, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">[video=youtube;LCNdTLHZAeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCNdTLHZAeo[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    th

The unassuming pet photographer, Bryan Lighthouse (Dave Annable) is thrown into a serious action and romance adventure when he is forced to marry Masha Nikitin (Katharine McPhee) to pay a debt to her criminal parents against his will. Masha's father Vlatko (Ken Davitian) marries her to Bryan to get her a green card, under the condition that Bryan cannot touch her. Off to spend their honeymoon at a remote tropical resort somewhere in Tahiti, Masha's former boyfriend Brick (Vinnie Jones), who is in love with her (although she does not return the feeling), follows them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom