What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'm CLEARLY a man of high taste and culture.
    I sit here in my lounge, on my leather couch, listening to a vinyl record on my record player while sipping fine bourbon, enjoying a nice cigar....and reading Calvin and Hobbes.

Clearly a Renaissance man. :D

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I was doing a little bit of tipsy buying on ebay the other day. I won an estate Dr. Grabow Duke. These used to be cheaper pipes, but they have really gone up in price. I won it for the $.99 opening bid with $5.95 shipping.

It got here today, was completely caked inside the pipe. Gonna have my work cut out for me to get it into shape. Time to get out the bourbon, apple cider vinegar, reamers, and pipe cleaners. Prolly gonna need to get more bees wax and carnauba wax.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have a good buddy with whom I have had an ongoing annual wager for several years. I most often end up on the "loss" side of the wager. Yet there have been certain years where I am confident the odds are in my favor and I can convince him to "up the wager". His confidence often gets the best of him and he takes the wager.

A few years ago, I convinced him the wager should be for a bottle of Laphroaig 10 year cask strength. I won the wager.

As we were setting this year's wager he asked, "so how did you like that Laphroaig?"

"Have not opened it yet.... waiting until you and I get together and then we'll try it".

So, buddy rode in this evening.... and we cracked it open.

As expected, proof is a bit higher... but the smoke and peat still comes through strong as it should.

Got a little fire going in the fire pit, a couple of Padron Maduro cigars burning even and steady, and best of all a couple of old friends talking **** about the next time I win the wager.

Classify these as good times.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Padron 700 Maduro
    I bought one once at my favorite cigar lounge. Damn thing wouldn't breathe. I had to keep relighting it. It just wouldn't burn right. I flagged down the waitress. Explained the situation. She offered to take it off try big and grab me something else. I went with the pistoff Kristoff.

Recently tried a new to me cigar. It was call a warhawk. It tastes like a cigar. Nothing remarkable about it. I ended up getting bored with it and giving up on it a little earlier than usual. It was fine, I guess.

On my Monday night live stream I've been smoking the Oliva G for the last few streams. Oliva G will always be a cigar a love and appreciate. It was one of the notable cigars that converted me from gas station trash cigars to premium cigars.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I bought one once at my favorite cigar lounge. Damn thing wouldn't breathe. I had to keep relighting it. It just wouldn't burn right. I flagged down the waitress. Explained the situation. She offered to take it off try big and grab me something else. I went with the pistoff Kristoff.

Recently tried a new to me cigar. It was call a warhawk. It tastes like a cigar. Nothing remarkable about it. I ended up getting bored with it and giving up on it a little earlier than usual. It was fine, I guess.

On my Monday night live stream I've been smoking the Oliva G for the last few streams. Oliva G will always be a cigar a love and appreciate. It was one of the notable cigars that converted me from gas station trash cigars to premium cigars.
    Olivia is a good stick

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you were to give a superior, who happens to be an MD, a cigar, what would you choose?

The purpose is for appreciation. Whether this helps or not, he's a scotch guy.
    The Sixto II is a great stick for a gift.

Also the Padron 1926 series.

Bighoss91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2020
    Milton
    What did you think of the Kristoff. I've been on a San Andreas kick recently and just ordered 5.

Sorry to hear that about the Pardon, the 1926 muduro box press is still in my top 5.

ShimmeringTrees

Amish Jack Wagon
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2023
    Indiana
    The Sixto II is a great stick for a gift.

Also the Padron 1926 series.

I've got the 7000's on order. I'm gonna check some local shops and see if they have any. Still looking for a scotch.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Help me out cigar aficionados.

I enjoy a cigar on fairly rare occasions. I was in the Dominican Republic in my twenties and had a cigar that was given to me directly from the lady who made it in a shop down there, like I literally watched her make it.

It had, for lack of a better term, a “barnyard” flavor to it. I realize that probably sounds terrible, but I really enjoyed it. It was an earthy kind of fresh hay scent/taste that reminded me of being on a farm. I’ve tried to find something like it ever sense. Is this a thing? Didn’t just have a bad cigar and I have poor taste in cigars, or is something I can’t have without traveling or spending high dollar?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I enjoy a cigar on fairly rare occasions. I was in the Dominican Republic in my twenties and had a cigar that was given to me directly from the lady who made it in a shop down there, like I literally watched her make it.

It had, for lack of a better term, a “barnyard” flavor to it. I realize that probably sounds terrible, but I really enjoyed it. It was an earthy kind of fresh hay scent/taste that reminded me of being on a farm. I’ve tried to find something like it ever sense. Is this a thing? Didn’t just have a bad cigar and I have poor taste in cigars, or is something I can’t have without traveling or spending high dollar?

If you want that flavor, you have to find a gal like this rolling them on her thighs....

BA5E43B1-D78F-4A1E-A3C6-4E3C48572F23.jpeg

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

Based on this description the closest thing I can think of is a "Kentucky fired cured ". Wasn't my cup of tea but I recall it being similar to what you described.

Top Bottom