What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Regarding cigars, only thing I've got in my humidor right now are some Rocky Patel Cargo Torpedos, some Perdomo Lot 23, and a couple Gran Habano Vintage 2002 Robusto.

Pipe... I nabbed this back in 2010. Don't partake as much as I'd like to. Really need to find some good tobacco to feed it.

Savinelli Trevi 602 Billiard

819YJ8wiSvL._SL1500_.jpg

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Regarding cigars, only thing I've got in my humidor right now are some Rocky Patel Cargo Torpedos, some Perdomo Lot 23, and a couple Gran Habano Vintage 2002 Robusto.

Pipe... I nabbed this back in 2010. Don't partake as much as I'd like to. Really need to find some good tobacco to feed it.

819YJ8wiSvL._SL1500_.jpg

That thing is gorgeous! I have long listed for that exact pipe, as well as the same style in the 626 shape.

Do you know what tobaccos you have tried?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That thing is gorgeous! I have long listed for that exact pipe, as well as the same style in the 626 shape.

Do you know what tobaccos you have tried?

Probably nothing notable. It's a scene I've barely dabbled in.

When I first got it, I think I picked up a couple cheap samples of things at local cigar shops. I'd love to dig into it more and find some quality stuff to try.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    It all depends on a few things. If you have some money to spend and want something really really quality my friend Wayne Teipen (who lives in Indiana and is a gun owner - endearing) hand makes pipes that smoke like nothing I’ve ever seen. It all really comes down to the engineering of the airways. How much info do you want on this before I go down the rabbit hole? If you don’t want too much info, let me know your price range and I can make some recommendations...

Not sure how I missed all the follow up on my question. Just getting into it probably around $100. I know that’s not a huge budget but just dipping my toe into the waters to get a feel for it.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Pipes and cigars had a coupon code last week. If you spent over x dollars you would get 20% off and you would get some "freebies" if you are one of the first 500 to use the code. So I bought a new pipe and a cheap packet of tobacco. The freebie box came a few days later and blew my mind.

Paid for:
    https://imgur.com/cupodmT

Freebies:
    https://imgur.com/AWF5BQZ

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Pipes and cigars had a coupon code last week. If you spent over x dollars you would get 20% off and you would get some "freebies" if you are one of the first 500 to use the code. So I bought a new pipe and a cheap packet of tobacco. The freebie box came a few days later and blew my mind.

Paid for:
    https://imgur.com/cupodmT

Freebies:
    https://imgur.com/AWF5BQZ

Thats pretty awesome! I don't like the look of cobs, but they smoke great. I keep 3 in my car for work, and I take them in the woods. Losing or breaking a Savinelli or Nording would suck. Losing or breaking a cob isn't the end of the world. And they really are up there with Meerschaum in terms of smoking quality, I find.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So my brother and I have gone crazy ordering McClelland tobacco. I've got a 50g tin of Black Parrot, a 100g tin of FM Bayou, and 2 100g tins of Dominican Glory coming. And I have every intention of buying more at the Briar and Burley tomorrow.

My brother has ordered about 3 times that much. I have offered him my couch....

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Thats pretty awesome! I don't like the look of cobs, but they smoke great. I keep 3 in my car for work, and I take them in the woods. Losing or breaking a Savinelli or Nording would suck. Losing or breaking a cob isn't the end of the world. And they really are up there with Meerschaum in terms of smoking quality, I find.

I love having a corn cob in my Jeep for the same reason you do. O had one con pipe for 5years but it recently died so I was die for a new one.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Last night my brother and I scored the last 6 tins of McClelland at the Briar and Burley in Bloomington. 3 Pebble Cut and 3 Old Dog. He does have quite a bit of Nording tobacco in stock, which is made by McClelland under license. Also exciting was finding a large supply of the hard-to-find Esoterica tobaccos. I wound up with one tin each of Tillbury and Dunbar. My brother came away with a tin of Dorchester. For you Dunhill fans, he still has quite a bit of that as well. I picked up a couple of tins of Elizabeathan Mixture.

Last night I smoked a bowl of the Tilbury in a Sasieni 4 dot that was recently given to me. Unbelievable gift. The label on Tilbury is listed as a "Broad cut of extra mature Virginias." It certainly isn't a broad cut, and while the Virginias in it are good, there is a decent amount of Burley as well. And they are excellent. They bring that satisfying nutty cocoa flavor as only really good Burley can. The Virginias back it up with sweet hay and dark slightly fermented fruit flavors.

On to some Dunbar in my churchwarden for this morning's smoke.

This was only my second visit to the Briar and Burley, and it is head and shoulders the finest pipe tobacco shop I've ever been to. I'd like to visit Iwan Ries and the Country Squire some day, but I have a feeling B&B would give them a run for their money. Huge selection of tinned pipe tobaccos and cigars, and what must be over a thousand pipes. Easily a hundred Meerschaums, plus Nordings, Perersons, Savinellis, Comoys, Ascortis, Ser Jacopos and many more by the arm load.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Well, it just arrived earlier this week. Here is an actual photo instead of a stock photo.

I'm a Peterson/Savillini/Stanwell man myself...Got a few and love them...They smoke well....

One day I may post a pic of my pipe table....I got about 60 or so...When I was working in Greenwood about 20 years ago there was a pipe shop there and I got kind of addicted to them.....

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

819YJ8wiSvL._SL1500_.jpg

NICE looking pipe!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I need to start branching out and trying some different pipe blends.

I have been stuck for a long time on a bulk blend of "golden Virginia" and "black Cavendish Virginia".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom